Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
Hello all! I checked and didn’t see a post anywhere, so hopefully I’m not retreading old ground!

It’s that time of year when I start watching the thermometer to see when the pool is habitable - for me, it needs to be 86 degrees or higher (and 86 feels a bit chilly)! I’m at 78 right now, which is a big nope, but we have several sunny, hot days ahead of us, so hoping for a quick warming.

What’s your minimum temp before you’ll jump in, and what is your water temp today?

Yesterday I saw 71. When I opened two weeks ago, it was about 52. We've got a couple more days of warm weather before a few days of a cool front. So I imagine it'll still be a while before I really want to get in. I'd say my low temp would be 78-ish or so.

Reactions: kellyfair
I'm at 76 today with an air temp in the low to mid 80"s. I'm expecting the pool to get near 80 this week before a cold front knocks it back down over the weekend. The kids got in this past weekend. No go for me!

72 is the water temp. Lots of 80's in the forecast so hopefully that will warm up the pool. The kids will get in at 80, but I need it to be 82 or above, so I may need to heat it a bit if we want to swim before May.

Welcome BACK Kelly !!!

I can do 60 and acclimate to it reasonably quick, but I probably won't have a long swim even though it's tolerable.

68 is where it's brisk yet still refreshing and the sweet spot is in the 70s. 80+ starts to become a bath.

I'm hovering around 60 at the moment, still being early.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Haha. My wife and I take a daily dip when it's 53F or higher. Here in NC, that's roughly 1 April through 1 December. Yeah. It can be pretty brisk. Gotta feel yourself living :cool: . Currently 63. Toasty.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: kul and kellyfair
Currently water temp is 73 here. Air temps have been getting into the mid 80's.

I did heat it this weekend to 88, so that I could get in to change the pool lights. The water was not bad but we had so much wind that as soon as any wet skin was exposed I was freezing.

Depending on air temps, I usually want it in the low to mid 80's. Any higher becomes bathwater.

Also, depending on how much of a sweat I've worked up, I've been known to jump in when it's in the upper 60's to low 70's, just to cool off so I can keep working.

--Jeff

My wife won't even entertain a swim at anything less than 82. 85 is preferred, especially until the air temps are consistently in the upper 70s.

I saw a Air/Water Temp comfort chart once, but have never been able to find it again.

I was in yesterday at 82, I could maybe do 80 after cutting grass for a quick dip. 80 is refreshing… 84-86 is comfortable. But 89-90 is too much, it’s funny how a small change makes such a difference.

74 here in the Florida Panhandle. We have been swimming about every day since the water went to 73 degrees. It is very cold getting in but you adjust pretty quick. We only stay in for about 1 hour. Once it gets into the 80's we will be able to spend the whole weekends just floating around.

• Wow

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support