What's your pool cleaners name?

"Vinny" the Viper :shark:

And it attacks us ALL the time - often spitting water at us when we are near the outside of the pool or tangling itself around our pole skimmer when we are trying to skim. He's got attitude.

It's a cheapie Hayward Viper sold to us by the pool company that installed our pool 7 years ago. But it still does a pretty decent job since we have a smaller pool (only 32 x 16.)

When my wife was a kid, they called their Polaris cleaner Seymour, after a 70's Saturday morning show called Sigmund and the Sea Monsters. So they got the name wrong...they were close!

Anyway, to continue the monster theme, we now call ours Nessie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Our ancient Polaris Vac-Sweep was named Mark after The Man From Atlantis. Had him so long his three poor wheels just......melted....one day.....

Dating ourselves, fer shure! (Aye, we miss ye, Mark!)

At a previous house, we had a polaris 280 our daughter named Sir Leroy Black (yes the black one) - don't know why! But when she was swimming & he touched her she'd always scream that Leroy was trying to take advantage of her (not in those words, mind you!) We just finished our pool at the new house & have the same model & though we tried to change the name, he rapidly became Sir Leroy Black.

We are still trying to decide on a name. Any ideas? :-D

9480005629_0c112f07a3.jpg

9482798120_1fc26f657a.jpg

The artist, Shannon (my beautiful daughter)

*note the crystal clear TFP water!!! Thank you so much to all the great and knowledgeable people on this forum!

Robert

How about K-9? Reminds me of The Doctor's mechanical companion!

Polaris 280 when I was a kid Herbie after the love bug because it could drive up the walls and do flips with no damage. in the new pool Jaws because it gets on the Baja shelf and sticks the collection bag out of the water like a dorsal fin.

I've had 2 Hayward Navigators, at the last house it was a gray plaster footed one I named Huey.

The current one is a red colored vinyl footed one I named "BOB" (from The Blackhole movie) the shade
of red is the exact color of the Disney robots.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.