What's your PERFECT pool temp? What's the minimum for you to jump in?

Well, I’ve had to purchase a down coat and sweaters multiple times when visiting my family in Florida in December/January and October and maybe even June.
June? Where in FL?

People do get surprised at how cold it can get here! Usually over in a day or two though.

Ideal, 84
min to get in, 78

My granddaughter who is six was ”helping“ me sweep the pool the day it was opened. the water was 48 degrees. She fell in. I was right smack dap next to her and I didn’t even get a chance to bend over before she‘d pulled herself out. It was like a cartoon and she‘d levitated out of the water. That was one cold grandchild.

Reactions: Jmerges
June? Where in FL?

People do get surprised at how cold it can get here! Usually over in a day or two though.
I haven’t been to Tampa since my grandparents passed, however I can’t remember a single time being there that I wasn’t wearing shorts. We used to spend Christmas there and I can remember people swimming in the bay Christmas morning. The coldest I have ever personally seen it get in Tampa was in the 50’s.

I haven’t been to Tampa since my grandparents passed, however I can’t remember a single time being there that I wasn’t wearing shorts. We used to spend Christmas there and I can remember people swimming in the bay Christmas morning. The coldest I have ever personally seen it get in Tampa was in the 50’s.
Oh, it does get colder than that! I think the coldest I’ve experienced in my decades here is 18 degrees!

I also remember the snowfall of 1977!

• Wow
Reactions: sjvele
Oh, it does get colder than that! I think the coldest I’ve experienced in my decades here is 18 degrees!

I also remember the snowfall of 1977!
My grandparents and my aunt had pictures in their houses of that snowfall in 1977… used to make me laugh! Thanks for reminding me of that!

• Haha
Reactions: kellyfair

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
75 minimum. 80 is ideal. I don't know what my high limit is. I've never felt the water too warm, mostly because we can't get it that high since our pool is enclosed and it costs too much to get it that high.
Wife likes it a degree or two higher than me. Her mother wants it to be 84 minimum. She even bought a thermal wetsuit so she coud get it when we do at 78.

Canada. I keep mine at 78 and stop putting on the solar cover at night when it gets to 82 or so, as I no longer find it refreshing.
I was in Florida a couple of years ago and talking to a local guy poolside who couldn't believe I was going to take a dip in the pool, because the water was "only 80"!
Minimum to swim: 75, although I will go in for a quick dip down to 70 or so.

Personally, I prefer around 78-90 on a summer day. Anything warmer feels too got. I've been swimming in the low 60's before though. Just couldn't wait! Haha...not very comfortable, but not too terrible once you adjust to it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.