What's your PERFECT pool temp? What's the minimum for you to jump in?

My pool is at 77 degrees now. I've gone in a few times but it still quite cold at first. This is my first year with a pool so I don't really have a baseline of what water temp I prefer. If 77 is cold, I'd think 83-85 will be my sweet spot. I also don't like when the pool is so warm that it's not refreshing which happens easily here. Won't take long to find out... it's warming up quickly.
One of my buddies was warming up a stand-alone hot-tub. He jumped in every few degrees. We agree, 86-88 is no-shock to get in and still slightly refreshing.

Low to mid 80s is ideal. Mid 70s and up is fine. I'll get in for a bit from upper 60s on. That's tolerable and not really fun, but it's okay if I'm moving a lot - e.g. swimming laps.
Once it's above 90 I pretty much only go in at nights or early mornings. That lasts a good 2 months or so here in HTX.

Reactions: EngineerNerd
Perfect pool temp is 92 degrees. We would not go in the pool less than 88 degrees unless we had a few adult beverages then maybe 87 degrees :cheers:

It depends on the air temps. If it's low 80's then water needs to be 90. If it's mid 90's water needs to be 85. I would never have a pool without a heater though, I much prefer choosing my temps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Between 82 and 84 is my target. It used to be 75, but that was 16 years ago and I've gotten old and cold since then. I'm still sleeping with a light quilt on my bed, for gosh sakes! Nighttime lows are mid to upper 50s, highs are in the low 80s. And I shiver in the shade. Hmph.

66 felt great today! 87 air temp.

Shaking Cold Weather GIF by funk

Is that how hot your water gets naturally? Or do you have to do a heater?

There are a few times in the year when it will get that warm, but not often. Currently the pool gets to 88 during the day and drops down to 84 overnight. If I wasn’t so lazy I would get the pool cover out.

Reactions: kne
85 is perfect for me. Anything below 80 is doable but not comfortable. Heat pump is set to 85 right now...

View attachment 324901
What is the make/model of that thermometer? I've been looking for something with a water probe but haven't had much luck. Was thinking of making my own.

What is the make/model of that thermometer? I've been looking for something with a water probe but haven't had much luck. Was thinking of making my own.
Not mine but it looks like this one, which I just decided to order as well. :)

Reactions: Orion7319
Yup - feels great! The water was 70 yesterday and that was just about perfect. We are hardy up here in the Pacific Northwest. I guess I’ll be turning the heater on for visitors!
Y’all are probably the same people who come down here and go to the beach in January!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.