What's your PERFECT pool temp? What's the minimum for you to jump in?

Once the water hits 70F swim season is open for my son. Right now we are 75F or so and he and I are both swimming daily. We are getting night time temps in the 50s so we lose a few degrees overnight. I prefer it closer to 85F and my wife won't get in until at least that warm.

I can get in at 70F. Brrrrrrrr

For lap swimming 82-83F is excellent

For lounging around 88F

With the missing foliage, I will need to put up all sunshades over the pool this year. It can get to 94 water temp late July/August. Poles are setup for 3, which gives me about 50% coverage. Nice to be on a pool float without the Texas sun burning my flesh off...

Reactions: Krysib
Mid to upper 70s is ideal for me, especially once air temps hit 90s. Realistically, my chiller will only keep water temp in the low to mid 80s during the summer, but that still feels great! I like a nice shock when I first hit the water. Before we got the chiller, our water would get to 95. Yuck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First time I left the cover off overnight. It reached 85 yesterday (pool) and the water dropped to 83 this morning. I think I can safely leave the cover off.

BTW, 91F yesterday and humid. 85 felt "cold" going in...and it was May 3rd...

I prefer 82 (honestly probably higher but we heat to 82) and minimum is around 78. I'm in Michigan so I have to heat it may, june, sept, oct, to keep it swimmable, July and August it wouldn't get higher than 80 without heating it. I'm shocked to see people that use a heater go up to 90. are you paying a ton of money to do that?

I went in last week at 58F after working in the yard all day. Only stayed in about 3 seconds though.
I went in on Sunday at 70F after working in the yard all day. Pain and instant regret followed that decision.... I don’t see how anyone can tolerate anything below 75.

I went in on Sunday at 70F after working in the yard all day. Pain and instant regret followed that decision.... I don’t see how anyone can tolerate anything below 75.
My kids were in having a blast so I figured it’d be a quick way to cool off. I was right!

Reactions: Orion7319
My pool is at 77 degrees now. I've gone in a few times but it still quite cold at first. This is my first year with a pool so I don't really have a baseline of what water temp I prefer. If 77 is cold, I'd think 83-85 will be my sweet spot. I also don't like when the pool is so warm that it's not refreshing which happens easily here. Won't take long to find out... it's warming up quickly.

My pool is at 77 degrees now. I've gone in a few times but it still quite cold at first. This is my first year with a pool so I don't really have a baseline of what water temp I prefer. If 77 is cold, I'd think 83-85 will be my sweet spot. I also don't like when the pool is so warm that it's not refreshing which happens easily here. Won't take long to find out... it's warming up quickly.
77 is chilly 75 is freezing, 80 feels ok once you get used to it, 85 is perfect. 90 it starts to feel like warm bath water. Mine hardly ever reaches 90 as it’s mostly shaded.

Got in at 82 a couple of weeks ago, but it was chilly. It was 86 on Sunday, a bit of a chill when first getting in, then was fine. My happy place is between 88-92. It got to 96 last year, that was a bit warm.

This pool hold more water and is darker, so it will be interesting to see how hot it gets!

Reactions: Snoobug

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.