What's your favorite online pool parts/supply store?

jetranger

Jul 19, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
I am going to need some things in the next few weeks -

Skimmer, return eyeballs, drains, sheer descents, and a few other plumbing parts.

What is the best online pool supply house? I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Also, are all skimmers the same? Or are there any that are better?

Thank you in advance!

Since we’re in Las Vegas, Polytecpools.com

Not only do they have an online presence to compare prices but then you can just drive by their warehouse on Russell Road and pick up what you want so that you don’t have to wait for shipping.

Thank you so much! I drive by there often, but I've never stopped. I suppose I assumed they only sold chemicals, but I will gladly swing in there next week.

Much appreciated!

Inyopools is another long proven go-to for TFP members. I had great results with them myself, and when things went south (beyond their control) they quickly stepped in to make it right.

Another thing that really stood out about them is that they didnt sell the filter I wanted and instead of pushing one of the many comps they did have, they immediately told me to try recsupply and polytech. Seriously, who does that ? And it was clearly a big vote for those two if they so happily sent me there. So that's 3.

AZpoolsupply also did right by me when sourcing my equipment. In the end they couldn't get what I needed but quickly refunded me so I could go elsewhere.

And believe it or not, Leslie's and Dohneys can have great deals on parts/equipment. Just steer clear of all the mystery chemicals.

I am going to need some things in the next few weeks -

Skimmer, return eyeballs, drains, sheer descents, and a few other plumbing parts.

What is the best online pool supply house? I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Also, are all skimmers the same? Or are there any that are better?

Thank you in advance!
The Pentair U3 skimmer is probably the one most used, at least in this area. You'll never have a problem getting a replacement lid, weir, float valve, or basket.

The Pentair U3 skimmer is probably the one most used, at least in this area. You'll never have a problem getting a replacement lid, weir, float valve, or basket.

Thank you!

For the autofill... my local supplier says the cheaper version CMP are the most popular in the area. They use a simple float. The Pentair's are almost double the price but they have the nice FluidMaster valve. Do you have any preference?

Reactions: PoolStored
Look at the Paramount Paralevel…

Float valves often don’t have a positive shutoff.

Fluidmaster valves are a bit better.

That looks like a very nice product...

Have you used their skimmer before? Do you think it's any more effective than the Pentair?

Have you used their skimmer before?

No.

Do you think it's any more effective than the Pentair?

No.

I think basic skimmers from Pentair or Hayward, properly installed, are all you need. Proper skimmer placement and having two or three is more important than gimmicks like vortex returns in the skimmers. Skimmer weir doors must be installed and swinging freely.

Other manufacturers have added gimmicks to their skimmers to differentiate and try and give reasons they should be used. Many things sound good in theory and make little difference in practice.

Reactions: Newdude
No.

No.

I think basic skimmers from Pentair or Hayward, properly installed, are all you need. Proper skimmer placement and having two or three is more important than gimmicks like vortex returns in the skimmers. Skimmer weir doors must be installed and swinging freely.

Other manufacturers have added gimmicks to their skimmers to differentiate and try and give reasons they should be used. Many things sound good in theory and make little difference in practice.
Great info, thank you for your time

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.