What's your current pool temp?

Last night it was 74 and the kids have been swimming in it as soon as it passed the 70 degree mark :eek: That's too cold for me, but they couldn't wait! I hope to get a solar heater soon, so until then it's up to mother nature and the solar cover.

Ours hit 85 yesterday. We took our very first swim, it was awsome. The pool has been up since about the first of April. We also bought a used Bengal hot tub off of craigslist, so after we swam we sat in there for a bit. This is going to be a awesome summer. Thanks to all at TFP. Your help and support are greatly appreciated.

Keith

We had a marvelous swim last night. The air temp was 72 degrees with a light breeze as storms are moving in. The water temp was EIGHTY NINE degrees. It was not quite a 20k gallon hot tub, but it was a Very Warm Tub. We stayed in for 2 hours. And then shivered our way quickly back to the house.

74 today! I went for my first swim! Took awhile til I got use to it. :shock: It was nice but could have been warmer. :lol:

Mine's 76, and today was the first day I used it also. No heater, just a solar cover, but it's been pretty warm for the past few days. Today was in the upper 80's, so it felt refreshing!

Sue

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
60. Tempted to run the heater overnight and go for a first dip of the year tomorrow with a forecast high of 70 (been a real crumby spring here), although Monday is only supposed to be 52 with rain so I feel that heat would be quite wasted. Here's hoping for warmer weather next weekend!

First swim of the year in sparkling 75°F water. 1 to 2 inches of rain forecast for tomorrow. Pool needs a top up anyways after backwashing the filter this afternoon and the nieces, nephew and dog splashing a lot of water out. Sunshine forecast for Wednesday on so I imagine we'll be back in the pool next weekend as long as the long range forecast holds.

we keep ours at 89 to 91 only because we like to swim allot at night.. with the night time temps in the 50 and 60 its nice to get into a warm pool... we have a heat pump so I am not breaking the bank to much.... we keep the solar cover on during the day and the heat pump hardly runs.... just a big old hot tub....

70, but with a frost warning tonight, and a forecast high of 59 for Saturday we won't even think about turning up the heater. Been shocking the pool anyways. Water got a little cloudy after the swimming last Sunday, and the CC levels started to rise. I obviously wasn't raising the FC level enough since the CC levels rose rather than falling. Turns out I was using the pool calculator shock level which is lower than the one from the CYA chart in pool school. Proper shock level tonight so hopefully I can get the pool back under control before the weather warms up again.

Yes, if you can accelerate evaporation of the water, then you can cool it off. 1/4" of evaporation in a day will cool a pool with an average depth of 4-1/2 feet by around 5ºF. You can significantly increase evaporation with wind so having fans blow air over the surface can help a lot. Aeration with fountains can also help (the water droplets get cool as some evaporates).

If you have solar panels, you can run them at night to cool the water.

Covering the pool with an opaque cover (white is best as it will reflect light) during the day and then uncovering at night will also help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.