What's your current pool temp?

We are at 80-81 right now. For September in Pennsylvania, I don't think that's too bad! I bought a new thermometer this year, darn thing clouded up, super hard to read. Have to dig the old one back out, it was okay, but 7 years old.

72, no heater. Jumped in yesterday after too much yard work. Thought I was going to have a stroke! Before and after getting in. Going from hyperthermia to hypothermia in that short of time, probably wasn't a good idea. But I sure felt better afterwards.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It was almost 90 here in PA. My water was about 82. This past summer, the water temp got to 86 when it was this hot out. Must be the difference in the angle of the sun, as the pool has been covered at night, the same as before. I'm not complaining, 82 is great for this time of year! Though, I am afraid today or tomorrow is the last it will be this warm.

It was almost 90 here in PA. My water was about 82. This past summer, the water temp got to 86 when it was this hot out. Must be the difference in the angle of the sun, as the pool has been covered at night, the same as before. I'm not complaining, 82 is great for this time of year! Though, I am afraid today or tomorrow is the last it will be this warm.

Our pool season is pretty much over.

I've been managing low to mid 80's (84F yesterday afternoon). The sun is getting lower and the solar panels are only getting about 4-5 hours of direct sun now. The pool always has a shady spot, with about 3/4 sun by 9:00am, complete shade by 2:00pm this time of year as the sun is behind the treeline.

I plan to swim as long as I can. If is stays warm enough during the day I'll swim down to 72-74F when the pool is in the sun.

Looking at winter covers now ..... :thumbdown:

Dom

outside temp's were 104 Sep 7th and 103 Sep 8th, pool is 88 degrees.. took a swim last night after the hot tub at 104, it was really nice :)

The temperature outside last night dropped down to 67 F here. I had no choice, but to get into the pool to replace a patch that had come loose. I was dreading that the water would be really cold after last night's low temp, but was pleasantly surprised that even with no cover, no heater, and today's outside temp of 84 F that the pool was 72 degrees. :).

Saturday the high temp outside is only suppose to be 68, and a low of 50 that night, so the pool season here is sadly about done for. :(

As long as it's liquid, I'm gonna keep trying to get in. No promises on how long I stay there though...

My record is 55. I dropped a brass anchor bolt in when I took the cover off this spring. Figured there was no reason to leave it there 6 weeks til the water warmed up enough to get in. My pool was 78 today. Down from 84 a couple days ago. I have a love hate relationship with fall. I love fall, but always hated going back to school. Now I hate the water getting cold. Solar panels are in my future somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.