What's your current pool temp?

78 deg.
Seems like in this area its going to be a cool one with a short span of hot weather,a lot of rain constantly,haven't turned on heater since it would be to cool once you get out.Have a feeling I am maintaining for not much use, almost July?
I know how you feel. We've had one week of 90s with sunshine. That's about it, these past two weeks have been mostly cloudy with rain. My water is 75.

77-78 would be ideal if it was in the upper 80s (or 90s) with plenty of sun!

I got in last night after mowing. 75 isn't too bad when it's in the 80s with enough humidity to rain (cloudy).

My pool is around 78° just because it's been over cast rainy. It's been up to 82° without the solar cover.

Water was 84 Tuesday, but yesterday's high was 72 and the lows got down to 53 last night, ugh - summer in Chicagoland this year I guess! The evaporation/steam coming off the pond in the backyard was thick this morning! I am thankful that the solar cover was doing its thing on the pool. Hoping the raypak won't have too much work to do this morning, ugh!

On a good note, propane is historically cheap!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Doesn't matter how hot Texas gets in the summer, mine stops at 85, where I like it. 50% shaded which is why. I turn on the heat pump when wife wants to swim, takes 4 or 5 hrs to hit 88 where she likes it. Seems to take the same time pump running on high or low, so I switch it on first thing in the morning when running on low at her request. Been getting enough rain that haven't had to turn on auto-fill yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My pool water just hit 68° - the warmest so far this season - woohoo! We've had a really cool season so far this summer in Michigan (high temps barely into the 70s, lots of rain and barely any sun ever), so the pool has stayed around 65° max. Our furnace came on in the house two days ago - that's pretty pathetic, huh?!?!? I'm getting really good at polar swimming, though. I swam for over an hour in 62° water last week, so 68° felt really balmy today!

i was at 85 about 3 weeks ago. rain, rain, rain, rain every day for 3 weeks. I've had to drain my pool at least twice a week if not three times over the past 3 weeks. I'm sitting at 74 the past few days with a few days in the 71-72 range.

Its been warm enough to swim 4 times this year. I have a giant bird bath in my back yard this year.
Last year the temps were barely in the 80s a few days in the summer. This year, we've barely had a day without a heavy thunderstorm. Hopefully next year will be HOT and DRY! I'm so sick of the rain.

It seems my two pool coolers are doing a okay job of cooling the pool water. At 89 to 90 with 3 days of almost full sun and temps near 95. Might increase the night pump run time to see if it can drop a little more.

It may have been in this thread but is there a conversation anywhere about good ways to lower your water temp? Mine hit 90 degrees and it is like a bath. Prefer it around the 82 mark.

Build a sprinkler/chiller out of PVC that you can screw into a return. I'm lowering from about 90 degrees to 86-88 overnight. I don't have a picture of mine but I made a "T" with PVC that comes up from a 1 1/2 threaded return with an elbow with lots of 1/16th inch holes drilled. You'll lose water to evaporation but cool the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.