What's your current pool temp?

Our swimming season is OVER... I am preparing the pool this week to be closed. Temp last night was 70 on the nose but these nights keep getting colder so that won't last long. This is my 1st season closing it myself I hope I do ok!
6db41fe5d6c4391a4c0eb1bd9d902f49.jpg

We were at 78 this morning but it has been cool the last few days. I am hoping it will jump back up to 80 or so for just a few more days before we call the season done.

62 yesterday... nights have been down to the lower 40's, so not too surprising.

Chlorine consumption sure drops with lower temps, it seems, even beyond what is explained by lack of human bodies in the pool.

Only keeping the pool up now out of inertia, and just in case we still want to experiment with a potential new filter or pump (haven't bought anything new yet, though, and time is running out until first frost).

Roughly speaking, chlorine reaction rates vary by a factor of 2 for every 13ºF temperature difference. In my pool at 88ºF, if the opaque cover is on all the time the chlorine daily loss is around 0.7 ppm FC but this drops to less than 1 ppm per week when the temp drops to 50ºF. Based on the temperature rule-of-thumb, it would be 1 ppm FC every 11 days and that's about what it is.

My current water temp is 87 degrees. Daytime highs are going to be high 90's and even touching triple digits for the next couple of weeks.
The nights are starting to cool just a bit but in the desert, that's a good thing. No blanket or heaters in use yet but that won't be that far away. Maybe a few weeks but the last 2 years, I'm able to keep the water temp in the 80's until late October or early November.
I LOVE living in the desert. lol.
The weather is just starting to get good around here. Time to break out the motorcycle and take a few rides.....
Sorry to brag but I couldn't help myself. Every other area of the country makes fun of us here in Arizona during the summer but I feel for you guys during fall and winter. I couldn't do winters like that any more. I lived in the Pacific NorthWest for 25 years. NEVER AGAIN.
Bring on the heat. I'll be sipping cold ones by the pool, in sunshine, all winter long.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's still very hot here in San Diego. The pool is holding steady at 82 and I haven't even turned on the solar collectors yet or used the pool blanket. Last week, the daytime air temperature at averaging 95, and I was cooling the pool by cycling the water through the collectors at night. I hope to get a couple more months of swimming before winter comes.

78 here in Austin in the shade, with a wet suit. Had about 10" of rain in 2 days, first time I've seen the water right at the top of the lip. CYA down to 30. Probably let it go until spring. Dropped from 84 to 78 from the rain. I doubt it will get any warmer this year. Plan on adding solar over the "winter".

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.