What's your current pool temp?

59 air temp, 75 pool temp. Will be jumping in this afternoon for one last swim before pool catches up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I am jealous of you southern clime folks...the first temp dip without sun hit us....5 days ago we were swimming at pool water at 76F (thanks to the solar cover and solar panels) and right now the pool temp is 57F (thanks to 2 nights of 40F lows and fairly constant clouds and some rain...which we desperately needed). I should probably give up and close it, but we have sun today, so I turned on the solar panels hoping that we might get one more "Indian summer"...probably wishful thinking :|

Our last swim was this past weekend (10/5-6) with water at 79 and air close to 90. Well above average air temps for the week prior. The water had warmed back up from 75 the week before which was a chilly swim for me. This is with our autocover on full-time lately except for the hot week when I opened it up during the day for extra heating.

I am thrilled to have been able to swim in MD into October with a pool that has no auxiliary heating. I'm sure we won't always be able to do so but the weather worked in our favor this fall. Now it's more fall-like, in the 60's for highs and the water is down to 73. All in all a great first year of pool ownership, thanks in large part to TFP!

Just started to have to rely on solar panels to add heat to the pool this last week or two, the pump was off due to broken plumbing fitting for 2 days leading up to last weekend and during that time temperature dipped down to 82, it is now back up to the desired 85 with the help of the solar heat on clear days. So we are now planning an in pool Halloween movie night so hopefully we will not have any cold rainy days leading up to it, just in case I will probably turn up the temperature a couple of more degrees a few days out.

Ike

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Gotta love living in Arizona but even here, it isn't warm enough for a couple of months to keep the pool warm. Well, I'm finally going to pull the cover off and turn off the solar heaters. Our daytime temps are now under 80 and I can't keep the pool warm enough to want to swim. I can't wait for March. Temps here in the desert warm enough to get the pool well into the 80's in early to mid March.
See you guys in March.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.