What's your current pool temp?

Opened the pool today - to find beautiful clear water :mrgreen: EXCEPT.....upon removing the stupid mesh cover I bought last year, hubby and I couldn't control it and it ended up dumping into the pool and now I have a nasty dark green murky mess :rant: It does however, measure 66.5 degrees - not bad for cool spring days on Long Island! As soon as it's clean, I'm slapping that solar cover on.

Not trying to brag here, but ours made it to 90 degrees last week! We have our Easy Touch solar thermostat set for 90 and I'm impressed with the system so far! It was the perfect temp for the kid's end of school pool party last Saturday. Anything more would be too warm. Daytime highs in the upper 80's to mid 90's and night time lows around 70. Living in the South and having solar on a South facing roof getting sun all day is what made that happen. We may have to start running the solar at night to cool it down soon.

It almost hit 70 the other day, now about 66. The kids don't seem to care though! They've been in it a few times already (not me though :) I really want to look into solar heating panels as we have no plans of spending the small fortune it would cost to heat it other than with the solar cover that we currently have.

"Yo-yo" spring here. Were dying in March to get in pool with days of near 90 degrees, but water was 65F. But did not dare put out solar panels for fear of late freeze. Sure enough, had a late freeze in April. Put panels out Apr 12 expecting May like last year ( swam almost ever day of May with 87 degree water.) No, instead we get tornado alley May. Lucky to swim once or twice a week, and have to be tough- water 80-84 on a good day. I know that sounds warm to most, but with 40 mph wind gusts and cloudy skies, that actually can make for a cool swim. You don't hold still and you keep your head down. Storms last night fried my solar controller- still under warranty but going to be a long couple of weeks doing this the hard way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We briefly hit 70 last week, then the cold front and rain moved in Friday - we are again at 63 :( Oh well, looks to be in the upper 70s/80s for weather this week, I am hoping.

Mine is at whatever the air temp is that day. Today is 24 C (75F) Tomorrow its supposed to hit 30 C (86F)

Could be because there is no water in the pool. And the fiancee looks at me weird when I sit on the bottom in my chair with a beer, but hey, do what ya gotta do. (Liner should be installed end of week!)

82 degrees today. This is also the first day this year that I have gotten in the pool. It's just taken a while to warm up. I'm usually in there by mid May but not this year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.