What's your current pool temp?

I always wondered why our pool was cooler than a friend of mine's. Today, I tossed another thermometer in the pool. The one that we had been using said it was 84. The new one said it's 92.

Guess I know why our pool was cooler now. :-D

Pool temp was 83 this morning after 2.5 inches of rain yesterday. Down from a steady 89 the past week. I've found that I like it at about 84-86. My high for the long time (two weeks :lol:) I've had my pool is 90 and I didn't think that was too bad, which is a relief because I worried that having a small pool in this Texas heat (98-100 for the whole two weeks) would be like a bath tub. I am very pleased so far. I think it helps that my house faces west, so my pool is in full shade of the house by 3:30 or so.

Down to 74 although the sun will probably warm it to 77 or 78 (if we're lucky) by late afternoon with the cover on. We are having a rather cool August. Last year the pool was 86 with the cover on for this weekend. My old Jacuzzi heater has now gone to heater heaven (needs parts that cannot be replaced any more) so heating is not an option, new heater not fitting the budget and solar not budgeted for until next year, at least not enough to make a difference. Supposed to have my nephew's birthday here Sunday, but the forecast is a high of 19°C with showers, so without heat swimming is likely out of the question. :cry:

After 5 days (central Jersey) of rain and temperatures in the 60's, our water temp dropped from 82 to 72 :{

Yesterday was hazy, hot (92) and humid. The water picked p 2 degrees to 74. I am hoping it stays warm and the water temp continues to rise as the Labor Day party is a week away and I don't want my guests going into shock when they hop in the pool :)

I have had the same hopes for almost 2 weeks but it just can't bring the temp up enough with the evening temps dropping. Even when it gets warm during the day, it just can't keep up to warm it back up.... : ( Mine sits around 74, even with the warm daytime temps in the upper 70s and low to mid 80s. Nights are too cool.

ours varies alot, but our temps vary alot, one week the air can be 100 all week and the next it can get only to 75, so the highest the pool got was 92 and i ran to 7 11 and bought thre 16 pound bags of ice, but when we opened it was about 60 and in three weeks it was up to 80 and we opened in april and have been enjoying since may. but now it is about 82 because our weather is cooler.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Our pool is at 88F. OK, so we're cheating by running the gas heater to assist what the solar panels are still able to do (and we have an opaque safety cover). We've had some rain and cloudy days and cooler nights so without the gas the pool temp would probably be just below 80F even with the solar trying to keep it higher. We'll probably keep using the gas until the second week in November and then it just won't be worth it -- not only from cost (about $2.33 per degree Fahrenheit) but from cold air temps even during the day. At that point, my wife will go to an indoor community center pool for her regular swim therapy exercise while our pool (with mostly cloudy days) will quickly drop towards 60F, then later in the year to 55F, 50F and usually bottoming out around 45F which is apparently average day/night temp at the coldest point during the winter (we don't get to freezing temps very much -- usually just a few nights).

Richard

mine is at 65 right now, we have upper 40's last night , real freak weather, but we tipped 85 today and are about 82 right now, i might turn on the heater and go swimming, i think i will set the heater to, 4 boiling pots of water on the stove and throw them in. :-D :lol: :shock:

76 according to my probe down near the bottom which means it is probably 78-79 closer to the surface. We are still getting air temps in the low 90's so I could probably tolerate it, but haven't been in the mood the past few days. Last week water temp was around 80 so I swam a couple of days.

I'm in no hurry to cover it, but hubby would probably like to get it done before hunting season starts here in a few weeks. He stopped getting in long ago.

70 deg here in Ohio. I disconnected the heat pump last week and winterized that. The winter mesh cover is on to keep the leaves out and the pump is running 24/7 with a large jug of bleach next to the main drain. I am weighting for the water temps to fall below 60 to finish the closing for the winter. There is about 1000 acres of trees near by and I must have that cover on win the leaves go crazy. The falling leaves are something to see here.

We're near Philly and the pool is holding in the low 70's. My wife is begging me to delay closing the pool as long as possible. She bought a wet suit (!) and is still swimming laps every other day. It's been unseasonably warm here this fall. I'm hoping to keep the pool open until early November.

Exchemist said:
We're near Philly and the pool is holding in the low 70's. My wife is begging me to delay closing the pool as long as possible. She bought a wet suit (!) and is still swimming laps every other day. It's been unseasonably warm here this fall. I'm hoping to keep the pool open until early November.

WOW! :shock: That woman is serious! Let her swim! :)

Joyce

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.