What's your current pool temp?

Mines been 78-81 degrees for the last few days.

Was 75 days before that and before that im not sure as didnt ahve a thermometor, but know it was considerably cooler.

My solar cover should be here in a day or 2, so we'll see how that helps. Id like to keep it about 85 or so i think... as the 80 sometimes takes a bit to get used to as you get in

Pool about 91. too warm for me, just right for my wife. Just had to turn down the solar controller. Normally over the cooler months, I'll set the controller at 95 so that the panels are on whenever there is any heat available. Unfortunately in Florida, once the warmer months come, the pool will easily feel like a hot tub unless you back off of the setting.

This is killing me...it goes up to 85 then drops down because of all the rain we've been having...I know in August I will regret these words but I want it to be warmer!!!!!

Maybe I'm getting old but high 70's is just too cold when the outside temp is the same...

Great weather here in Upstate, NY (Dutchess County)...

Great weather here in Upstate, NY (Dutchess County)...

Unfortunately it's not such great swimming weather. Highs have been in the low to mid 80s and lows have been in the 60s and 50s.

I put a solar cover on the pool last week (don't have a heater)... Right now, according to accuweather outside temperature is 64. The pool water is at 78. I suspect I'll lose a few degrees in the next 24hrs as tonight's low will be 50.

It would be really helpful if you all posted WHERE you are, that way the guy in the north isn't jealous because the gal in FLA is swimming in a hot tub and it's easier to pick out comparable zones/temperatures so you don't feel so bad because your pool is 60.....

just a thought.

central Ohio here.
the pool is 88 and wife and daughter are swimming right now. I use a heat pump to keep the temp 85. The pool has bin in use sence apr. 15. think I will go join the family
Ric W

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ugh, will we ever get to enjoy this pool?? What is with the weird weather here?? (southeastern coast of VA)
We are usually sweating it out here by now. But with temps of mid 70's-mid to mid-80's and only about 6 or so hours of full sun, the pool barely is getting up to 80. Some days it's only around 78 and some it gets to 81 IF we are lucky. I don't really want to swim in that thing unless it's around 83-84 at the lowest! My poor son wanted to swim sooo bad the other day (it was 78) and I let him.....I was going to try to get in but I just couldn't. I ended up sitting on the steps and had to pull him out after his poor lips started turning blue! :(

We were out at the marina last night having a cookout with some friends/family and it was actually chilly! I'd normally be loving that as it gets SO hot here but not now that I have a pool. I need heat! :lol:

matt4x4 said:
It would be really helpful if you all posted WHERE you are, that way the guy in the north isn't jealous because the gal in FLA is swimming in a hot tub and it's easier to pick out comparable zones/temperatures so you don't feel so bad because your pool is 60.....

just a thought.

Look at the left of every post. Many of us have our location listed from our profile. Ahem, but I see, you don't...ahem. :)

Round and round we go..... :lol: Pool back up to almost 85 today! Yeeehaaa! :-D
Course the horseflies were especially awful this evening so I couldn't even enjoy it much. Don't know what was up with that? (they had actually been managable the last couple days) Anyway, it sure felt great though! :)

We had a cold front move in yesterday (midnight before) so knowing it was coming, I shocked with pump running, then shut it down and covered. The pump will not run until today at 3pm when the sun is supposed to come out. Thats about 48 hrs and pool temp was at about 86 when we shut it off Tuesday afternoon - the air temp got down to 58 F and stayed there all day yesterday (rainy Crud again) and 46 F this morning but we are to be at 75 today and 80 F tomorrow. I'm guess pool will hang around 80 F until Saturday when it jumps back up.

WAAAY NW Minnesota

Ack, 58 and 46?? Guess I need to stop complaining!LOL :wink:

The pool is still nice and warm(although thunderstorms cut the evening swim short tonight), around 84-85 but we are in for a bit of a "cold" front in the coming days (78-82). But short lived, will be back to the 90's by the end of the week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.