What's your current pool temp?

Pool water is around 49ºF and we may get snow tonight for the first time in over 30 years. [EDIT] It didn't snow, at least not at sea level; it got cold enough (barely), but the wind wasn't right and there wasn't enough precipitation. [END-EDIT]

I turned the solar on 2 weeks ago because we have been having unusually warm weather and the pool temp went from 64 to 80 in a couple of days. Currently 81 and holding :whoot: It is still too cool for us as we like it min of 88-90 :-D however we may go in for a quick dip and take some pics too :cheers: :cheers:

PoolGuyNJ said:
Guestamated 35

Probably pretty close to that here. We got almost 2 inches of rain to mix with the ice on top of the loop loc. I stuck my hand in the skimmer under the cover to see how high the water was and my hand was instantly numb. I pumped about 400 gallons (estimated) off the top of the cover yesterday before we had a freeze up to get some weight off so the displaced water would go back down. I'm sick of winter! 3-4 inches of snow tonight :evil:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
68-72. temps fluctuating because weather has not settled into summer quite yet. have had 80s air temp several times already, so ready to swim. started solar panel set-up for season, but is on hold due to dh having troubles with "specialty cutting tool". to be resumed when thumb is healed.

We're at 77 after 3 days of about 92 air temp. The kids get in most days & we were in all weekend. We use a clear solar cover at night and may lose 1-2f overnight if temps drop. Adding solar heat this month too, may not need it by the time we finish installing it!

Hey Farmgirl, I know where Hertford is. I grew up in Eliz. City. & went to NHS. After being away for 16 years you can really appreciate all that NE NC has to offer.

If we don't use any gas heating, we're at 79ºF in the morning and 83ºF in the afternoon using solar and a dark opaque electric safety cover (not as insulating as a bubble-type cover). Without solar, the water would be more like 50ºF to 55ºF so we're getting a roughly 25ºF to 30ºF rise this time of year which is pretty good. If we had a clear bubble-type cover with no solar panels, however, we'd get a reasonable gain, but probably not much more than 20ºF and we'd be losing chlorine every day from the UV in sunlight.

Is there anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area getting their water above 70ºF to 75ºF with a solar cover alone (no solar panels) this time of year?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.