What's your current pool temp?

Admittedly, I warmed the pool up to 86 degrees today. Wife, kids and I, along with a few friends swam for 6 some odd hours. Was amazing.

Outside temp was 72 degrees today.

Reactions: HermanTX
Hit 73 today and got the first “real” swim of the year in. Two teens, a 7-year-old, and myself. Lasted about an hour.

With the sun shining down it’s not too bad.

Highs in the mid-to-upper 70s for this coming week so hopefully we’re officially in “swim season” for this crazy northerner.
Brrrrrrr!

We've had our pool clear and balanced for a couple of weeks. But, mother nature hasn't cooperated in bringing up the water temp.

We are now having some 80° days and it is supposed to hit the 90's over the weekend. The pool reached 78° today. I'm sure it will be in the low 80's over the weekend. I don't go in the pool until the first digit in the water temp is at least 8. :)

Reactions: Tiger56
Water was 77 yesterday. Keeping the autocover closed at night and open during these recent hot days.

Reactions: jmikeb
Today I attached the hoses but the winter cover is still on. It's 83 degrees out and will be even hotter tomorrow. Yet the pool water is just 69 degrees. I am sure it will cool down by more than 2 degrees once I mix the water and add a few inches depth to bring the water level up to the skimmer. Depressing.

Tomorrow I'll go kayaking and swimming some in the river, where the water temperature is somewhere in the 70s. While I'm at it I'll catch up on some podcasts or music and have lunch on the island next to the river. That's the best I can do for now.

Does taking off the winter cover, opening the pool, and replacing the cover with the solar cover heat the pool any faster? I don't own any type of pool heater besides a solar cover.

Just hit 78. It’s a beautiful 85 degree day today, hoping I can get close to 80 yet.

Solar cover and my new solar panel have been working well!

Pool heater has the pool at 86F on a 90+ degree day. Should be the same tomorrow.

:swim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well Friday it was 87, put on solar cover and turned off heater, woke to 80 this am, family came for a early am swim but water only hit 82 and only half swam , left heat on over night, this am its at 88
Will be swimming again today and everyone should be getting in

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.