What's your current pool temp?

We were up to 95 yesterday & 96 so far today; in NJ. I remove the cover & run the solar system to help cool it overnight, but it doesn't go down much when the overnight low is in the mid 80s -- the pool was down to 90 at 6 AM today.

When we built the pool, I thought heating would be the main issue, but I can see I'll need to look into a fountain or some such thing to help cool it at times. We're supposed to have slightly lower temps over the next few days, so maybe it will go back to something reasonable.

Ours has been about 86 in the morning and 90 in the evening- been running the pump and fountain at night to cool off. Lately we've had lots of rain and cloud cover, so woke up to an 82 degree pool this morning- yay! I like it 80-84.

After a week of rain almost once a day, we are running steady at 85. Guess I'm alone here but that is really cold for me. At night no one even wants to get in. Think 90 is about perfect for me.

It never occurred to me the pool would be too cold in Texas. Before it was built I'd heard much advice on how to cool it off by dumping in ice. Should have figured the usual 100 degree weather would drop to the 80s and the never ending rain would start the moment we got our pool :lol:

Ha! We've had three weeks plus of over 80, peaking at 88 (31.5 C), the highest it's ever been in over 20 years. Usually we're lucky to hit 75. I can't say that I have any intention of lowering the temperature, this week's rain will do that.

What's the max temp for all those liner pools? The manufacturer of our liner says 93 (34 C) as a 'permanent water temp' must not be exceeded. I don't think there's much chance of that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mine was 94 last night, and that was after I added several inches of well water at 58 degrees. Solar has not been on since June, and I haven't had my solar blanket on at all this year.

Our pool starts at 86-88 degrees in the morning, solar kicks in for a couple of hrs and brings the temp to 90 degrees perfect for floating or dipping after cutting the grass :whoot: . Late afternoon @ 5pm happy hour :party: pool temp is 91 degrees perfect for night time floating :cheers: :cheers:

Mine has been about 81 at it's high and goes down to 78 at night. I like the cooler water for a refreshing dip but you do get chilly after being in the water for awhile. Will definitely look forward to getting solar probably next spring.

Liz101 said:
After a week of rain almost once a day, we are running steady at 85. Guess I'm alone here but that is really cold for me. At night no one even wants to get in. Think 90 is about perfect for me.

It never occurred to me the pool would be too cold in Texas. Before it was built I'd heard much advice on how to cool it off by dumping in ice. Should have figured the usual 100 degree weather would drop to the 80s and the never ending rain would start the moment we got our pool :lol:

Hey Liz101, we'll take some of that rain here in Wylie! We've only had about two rains here all summer, and they were very shortlived :?

Our temp right now is 98 (no, we didn't get in tonight!) because we put the cover back on with our 2nd rain of the season a few days ago. Our goal is to keep it a little warm while we have the hot weather to do so. Then as it cools in September, we'll be able to continue swimming, as long we remember to put the cover back on each evening.

But last year, we accidentally got it up to 105 with the cover. Then, all the rain hit and took all the heat out and the season was over early!

Ours has stuck between 75 and 80 all summer. It's quite shaded so even though our air temps have been 97- 107 all summer the water temp has stayed low (lower than I had hoped) so I'll be building a DIY solar set up this winter. I inherited a Pentair solar controller and after seeing the prices of the panels :shock: I'll be bodging together some hideous spaghetti of pipes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.