What's your current pool temp?

Sun is getting lower each day so struggling to keep it above 83.
Thanks for letting me borrow that sun for the next 6 months. Sure is nice of you. I promise I’ll give it back in as good as condition as I borrowed it.

This is with the solar cover on. I would say that in Arizona they work quite well, and maybe are essential, but in the Midwest they likely could be more trouble than they are worth. I do need to get my roller system done for that cover soon, it's a pain to take it off and put it on at present. I am working on getting the sun shield for the equipment done, and then the cover, and probably a Circupool salt cell is next.

But I would guess if I didn't have that cover on, I would be about 5F less now and we would not be swimming. According to my weather station the average temp for the year is about 4F less than the water temp, so that's a rough estimate of what it is doing. I also assume I have kept a lot of water from evaporating out.. I would guess almost none over the winter.

It also acts as a winter cover in the warm (but not hot like in Florida) climate. We get to a low in the mid-20's in January, but that typically happens 2-3 times and lasts less than 4 hours. We HAVE seen snow here, but that usually only lasts a day before it completely melts. So really it should be covered when we are not using it but we really don't need anything more.

A sad day indeed. Going into fall here. Was the first day my solar collectors didn't capture enough energy to increase the pool temp.
Managed to maintain the pool temp at 82F throughout the day with an air temp of 62.6F since the morning but no increase with about 4-5 hours of broken sunshine.

Night time temps of about 55F.
Will expect a drop overnight too. Getting chilly :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
60 degree water. Dogs had first swim and also crazy college student came down from his dorm bedroom to swim too! Loves his dogs!! Fun afternoon. That was after snow showers on Friday. Autocover helps to keep in what heat does accumulate from the gray cover. And it was pretty clean considering we just had two days of howling winds.

78 and perfect! Hubby still thinks it's cold. In the middle of a few 90 degree days the pool got up to 80 with the cover, but I really don't want swamp water come August so the solar cover is off for the season.

We had a heat wave here and hit 70. Pool is still about 60. No one is getting in. ;D

Heater is spottily working so hopefully it will be warmer soon.

Water was 85 on Saturday (heat pump helped it get there), so I got in for a bit. Due to a polar vortex for the upcoming week, heat pump will be off until we again have +70F predicted for air temps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.