What's your current pool temp?

Water temp in northeast finally up to around 77 and on swim days I jack up the heater to 83 and it usually holds a few days before dropping back.

Expecting a warm streak next week so hopefully it’ll hold the temperature better.

86 F here today, exactly as the solar is set on my new EasyTouch controller. But that’s mostly surface water.

I adjusted the skimmer valve to pull more cold water from the deep end main drain. Not sure how effective that is, but I previously had it wide open to the skimmer.

In past summers, I’ve occasionally run the solar at night for cooling. I see the EasyTouch has a setting to automate that, good!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Drove my wife crazy last year - 13,500G only up and done by August. Obsessively chasing 90 but struggling (size & lateness & only maybe 4 solid hours' sun per day in the gap between pesky trees either side), so the (manual bubble-wrap) solar cover stayed on until just before getting in but she couldn't get it off on her own so she barely used the pool.
So much for my birthday gift to her!
:oops::hammer:

This year it STARTED 'up' :thumleft: (plus I removed a small portion of tree), and it sailed happily into the mid/hi 80s :kim: - then some intermittent rains and a few less sunny days ... suddenly languishing again in the lo80s :thumbdown:
I envy you here with 6K pools that warm so easy! (The friends I'm cleaning for have a 6K that was, after the aforementioned weather shift, 86F. Two days later it was 90 again!
Now a few weeks later, finally, yesterday I was 'doing the do' out there - checked the floaty thermometer - 89!
Yay! :party::splash::swim::cool::cheers:<need a smiley for floating and dozing>:sleep:

Gotta ask:
Do y'all measure the surface, further down, or average them?
My surface is usually 6F above my hanging sunk thermometer about half way down or so. (Or do I just have crappy circulation?!)

Last edited:
Drove my wife crazy last year - 13,500G only up and done by August. Obsessively chasing 90 but struggling (size & lateness & only maybe 4 solid hours' sun per day in the gap between pesky trees either side), so the (manual bubble-wrap) solar cover stayed on until just before getting in but she couldn't get it off on her own so she barely used the pool.
So much for my birthday gift to her!
:oops::hammer:

This year it STARTED 'up' :thumleft: (plus I removed a small portion of tree), and it sailed happily into the mid/hi 80s :kim: - then some intermittent rains and a few less sunny days ... suddenly languishing again in the lo80s :thumbdown:
I envy you here with 6K pools that warm so easy! (The friends I'm cleaning for have a 6K that was, after the aforementioned weather shift, 86F. Two days later it was 90 again!
Now a few weeks later, finally, yesterday I was 'doing the do' out there - checked the floaty thermometer - 89!
Yay! :party::splash::swim::cool::cheers:<need a smiley for floating and dozing>:sleep:

Gotta ask:
Do y'all measure the surface, further down, or average them?
My surface is usually 6F above my hanging sunk thermometer about half way down or so. (Or do I just have crappy circulation?!)

We love our SPOOL aka social pool. There are many advantages to a small pool, less chemicals,less to clean, heat and cool much quicker = more swimming, more relaxing, more patio space, more drinking [emoji482]

Water hit 88 today it was a glorious after floating around the pool. Summer finally decided to find it's way into New England. Had a nice night by the pool last night too.

Attachments

• IMG_20180616_205518.jpg
    IMG_20180616_205518.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 101

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.