What's your current pool temp?

88 cus im not swimming till next week i am on the way to the kentucky derby / my sister and 4 of hers will be here tonight looks like 88 for them / it will be 92 for me when i get back and bump the heater up:cool:
btw it sure is nice to know my pool will be TFP good while im gone thanks to you all here,

I don't know. Its 68 degrees outside, the sun has been gone and it's been raining for two days and my heat pump is back on which means it is below 85. But, the sun is coming out now and it is going to be low 80s and sunny this weekend. Get to work solar and heat pump! :paddle:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
86F this afternoon after the solar shut off, and 84F about 7 hours later. I would love to see it around 90F, but I'm not sure that's going to happen until the dead of summer! I have 160sqft of panels and they only get sun from 10:00AM to about 3:30PM. I am debating whether or not I want to go for a cover, or a heat pump! I'm not sure if I'm diligent enough to be on top of covering/uncovering the pool.

87 we had quite a setback yesterday all clouds, 3+ inches of rain, and the solar didn't kick on all day. This morning my pool had gone from 92 on Saturday to 81. Solar is working and it's been mostly sunny, so hopefully we can squeeze 2 more degrees out of it by late afternoon, for now 87 will have to be warm enough cause I'm going in :shark:

EDIT: 89 now! nice 8 degree bump from the solar today!

87 we had quite a setback yesterday all clouds, 3+ inches of rain, and the solar didn't kick on all day. This morning my pool had gone from 92 on Saturday to 81. Solar is working and it's been mostly sunny, so hopefully we can squeeze 2 more degrees out of it by late afternoon, for now 87 will have to be warm enough cause I'm going in :shark:

EDIT: 89 now! nice 8 degree bump from the solar today!

That is where a heat pump would be nice. Many times we want to swim but solar alone would not get the pool temp up so we just kick on the heat pump to get additional heat. Again we do a lot of night time swimming so having extra heat in the pool is very nice. [emoji482]

Fired up the heater saturday afternoon took it from 60 to 72.

Ran the heat almost all day sunday 72 to 84.

It's sunny and 75 degrees outside so first swim of the year after work.
High 80's this weekend! yay.

Fired up the heater saturday afternoon took it from 60 to 72.

Ran the heat almost all day sunday 72 to 84.

It's sunny and 75 degrees outside so first swim of the year after work.
High 80's this weekend! yay.

The power of a heater[emoji106]

That is where a heat pump would be nice. Many times we want to swim but solar alone would not get the pool temp up so we just kick on the heat pump to get additional heat. Again we do a lot of night time swimming so having extra heat in the pool is very nice. [emoji482]

If I still had my cover it would have been better, although I'm actually pretty surprised that I only lost 11 degrees, considering the pool was without solar from saturday evening at 6 until Monday morning at maybe 8:45. I was also surprised to see the solar boost me 8 degrees on a partially cloudy day. Sunday never got above 75 down here and the sun didn't come out for even 5 minutes...

If I get a heater it will be in the fall, I really want to refinish the pool and redo the deck with pavers this summer. I don't have unlimited funds so I may have to wait another year on the heat pump and buy another cover for this winter...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.