What's your current pool temp?

75* right now. Was up to 78* last week but the weather cooled down a little here. Should see it warm up quite a bit at the end of next week so maybe we will get in next weekend. New build and water added Jan 28th. I got in twice when it was 70* just to say I had been in it. Really looking forward to this season...

Im up to 78 and outside temps forecasted at 80 for the week. Im doing an acid bath next week and we will be swimming in two weeks...yea!!!!

92! had son/wife/2 daughters their neighbors /2 daughters cousin/ 2 daughters wife and i all day today in the pool. They all loved the new salt pool /first time they have been in since i upgraded to swg

p.s. my son just put a new liner on his 8000 gal above ground yesterday its half full i sent gal chlorine and 2lbs of cya home with him told him to. be ready to buy liquid chlorine all summer unless you want to up grade to swg then i drove to his house got some fill water and tested it.got home ordered him a tf100 and solar cover:D he is going to have a TFP if i have to drive over there every day lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Currently at 80 degrees here in Dallas,TX.

That brings me to a few questions (hopefully for some others in TX or Dallas):

1. Is it worth it to get a cover or is it more annoying? I do have to typically run my water around an hour maybe 2 hours every week to fill the pool back up.

2. How do you typically use your heater? Example, I used the pool on Saturday, I turned on my heater around 8AM, set to 92, and by Noon, I was around 88ish degrees. Just want to understand how other people use them to get the most efficiency and use out of them.

88! Same!

Wow, are you heating it to 88? Had my first swim of the year this weekend, been using spa forever though, just easier to heat it up now.

I wish I could get my pool to 88° right now. I don't have a heater but I do have a solar cover but it'd never get to 88°. I'm debating on whether or not I should get my annoying cover out. Pool temp is probably 62° right now. I am guesstimating by using the *steal your breath* mode while dipping your feet. :mrgreen:

Pool temp is 93 degrees but the air temp now is 75 degrees. I am going to try to brave it and float for a while. [emoji482]

Currently at 80 degrees here in Dallas,TX.

That brings me to a few questions (hopefully for some others in TX or Dallas):

1. Is it worth it to get a cover or is it more annoying? I do have to typically run my water around an hour maybe 2 hours every week to fill the pool back up.

2. How do you typically use your heater? Example, I used the pool on Saturday, I turned on my heater around 8AM, set to 92, and by Noon, I was around 88ish degrees. Just want to understand how other people use them to get the most efficiency and use out of them.

Wow, are you heating it to 88? Had my first swim of the year this weekend, been using spa forever though, just easier to heat it up now.

We start swimming in mid-march. March 16th was first swim this year. We have a solar cover, solar panels and a heat pump. Without a solar cover it would be impossible to swim without spending a ton of money heating the pool. A solar cover will keep most of your heat in overnight. Yes it is extra work but worth it if you want to swim more.

More about heating my pool in my pool thread, link in sig.

87 today.

We start swimming in mid-march. March 16th was first swim this year. We have a solar cover, solar panels and a heat pump. Without a solar cover it would be impossible to swim without spending a ton of money heating the pool. A solar cover will keep most of your heat in overnight. Yes it is extra work but worth it if you want to swim more.

More about heating my pool in my pool thread, link in sig.

87 today.

Fully agree with you. Pool temp is 94 degrees with solar and pool cover. Air temp now is 75 degrees. We keep the pool temp a few degrees warmer due to the cool outside temp. As the outside temp warms up we take the pool cover off and keep the pool at 88-90 degrees. Guess what I am doing now [emoji848][emoji482][emoji474]*??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.