What's your current pool temp?

Casey said:
Pisces said:
Casey said:
Four days of the solar blanket on 8 hours during the day and on all night and I was up to 80* today! Now that's more like it! :mrgreen: MaMa's going swimmin tomorrow! :party:

You GO, Casey!! You've had some major stress lately and DESERVE a nice warm swim and a nice frosty adult beverage or three!! :whoot: :sun: :sun: :cheers:

OMG Pisces! I got in yesterday and it was so warm, even to the third step!

Temp when I entered the pool <drum roll please>.......... 91*! :whoot:

I loved every bit of it! I even had to go in and tell DH to get his butt out there and feel how warm the pool was! :mrgreen: He said, WOW! 8)

I put the solar cover back on last night and it'll stay on til 4:30 when I get home. Let's see what it is today! :-D I love it!

Sweet, Casey!! You just relax, relax, relax and enjoy in your warm sunny pool!! This was just in time!

Pool got as warm as 82 just with sun and a solar blanket, now down to 77 last I checked. Couple of cool days with several inches of rain forecast by Saturday evening and we'll probably be down to 75 or cooler. Get together here on Sunday with a forecast high of only 68 and windy, but sunny so the pool heater is going to be of use once again.

Amontilado said:
Checked the water temp this morning, 87 degrees, even with the heat wave we've been having. I guess the fountain I whipped up for the pool works. :whoot:

Steve

A member asked to see a picture of my fountain. Not sure if got through with the pm, but here it is, in the background behind my nephew enjoying the pool. Gotta love the ability to manipulate pvc.

Steve

Attachments

• Will-resized.jpg
    Will-resized.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 319
Pachinkoplayer,

You may want to use some adapters to go smaller than the 1 1/2 inch pvc that I used. I guess I was lucky. Had the 1 1/2inch, tried it and it worked with my system. When I was in at a local Lesliespool the other day, I saw that they had some already made fountains for use in the outlet eyeball.

Steve

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have one of the pre-made deals for 20$. It can send water to the otherside of my pool and beyond- 28 feet. If I point it mostly up, it goes 15 feet in the air- powerful and beautiful. Makes a significant contribution to cooling, and can raise pH pretty good too.

now, 7:30 PM, air temp 98, pool temp 92.

I took a dip this afternoon after returning from an errand at about 3 PM when the exterior car temp registered ONLY 102 (I saw 106 yesterday). The pool was OK I guess, it was wet, not refreshing and getting out was sort of cooler than getting in.

I can't run the waterfall so much now as the evaporation, while cooling, is costing me on refilling the pool. Now that I've tested fill water at TA 340 I am less eager to fill 'er up knowing that it means that much more Muriatic Acid to keep pH in line.

The past few days I've seen on the weather monitor on my iGoogle page a little icon that says it is raining in Spring, Tx. Everytime I see that I run outside to see if there might be rain somewhere.... no way.... all blue and sunny here. Meanwhile, in spite of water rationing, we are dribbling water on the palms around the pool because they are all scorched and yellowing.

JUST below the 100º mark here in Phoenix. When it hits 115º+ outside, it feels like you can make some hard-boiled eggs in the pool. Don't even dare walk on the concrete or deck barefoot.

JUST below the 100º mark here in Phoenix. When it hits 115º+ outside, it feels like you can make some hard-boiled eggs in the pool. Don't even dare walk on the concrete or deck barefoot.
I'm in Gilbert AZ so I know what you mean. My pool has been holding 94* It actually got to 94.5*, outside air temp 115.5*

I'm actually on the other side of the planet(according to some), here in Avondale. Of course, most people outside of Arizona have never heard of Avondale or Gilbert, so I just go with Phoenix. I used to live in Chandler when I first moved to Arizona five years ago and I miss the monsoons. Only a 30-45 minute drive away, but most weather passes us right by here in Avondale. We tend to get the wind, just none of the rain. I'm not sure which is worse for the pool, massive, flooding-type rain? Or wind that blows everything in the neighborhood into the pool. I swear that if someone a half a block away trims their palm tree at noon, by 3pm, every last bit ends up in my pool.

Hmm- ridiculously hot weather that cooks the pool- check.
Wind that blows stuff from the next road into the pool- check.
Torrential downpours with wind that pour inches or rain and hail into the pool while blowing stuff from the next road into the pool- check.
All in the same week- check.
Why do Texans move to Arizona? It sounds about the same.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.