What's this part and can I buy it??

Oct 30, 2018
Tampa
Was getting Low Cell volts on my pool pilot digital nano +.

Done me research on here and thought I needed a new power circuit board so ordered one for $300.

Was just installing it there I noticed this thing was burned so I just took this wire off the new board, put it on the old board, switched it back on and boom back up to 17v.

So, I want to sent the board back and save $300. Went to the hardware store and pool store and neither have these wires. I could find the wee female connectors, but not the wire. Can't find it anywhere online.

Anyone know if I can buy just this piece or do I need the whole board?

IMG_20200402_155936_01.jpg

Reactions: Mandela
Aye, was thinking that. Could just cut the wire and stick a new female connector on.

As per my last post though, Josh at pool pilot said it's the board. Which actually makes sense as if this is literally just a wire connector how could it burn out? Must be the board causing it to burn out??

Didn't you say it worked when you put the new wire on? It is possible some surge came through and burned out the wire. I'd personally just make a new wire, put in the old board, keep the new board until the return time is just about up, and if the old board or wire hasn't failed by then, send the new board back.

Reactions: Mandela
Didn't you say it worked when you put the new wire on? It is possible some surge came through and burned out the wire. I'd personally just make a new wire, put in the old board, keep the new board until the return time is just about up, and if the old board or wire hasn't failed by then, send the new board back.
I think this is a good idea, man.

Where did the wire burn out? If it was in the middle of the wire, then that sounds like an overload of some sort and probably wasn’t the fault of the jumper. If it was at one of the connections then it could have been a poor connection that couldn’t handle the current that it was designed to. In that case, it could have been the jumper’s fault.

However, that said, this type of failure is slightly scary in that a lot of heat is needed to melt through a wire and break the connection like that and it’s potentially a fire hazard. Unless you are confident that it was a bad connection then I would probably go ahead and replace the board just to be on the safe side. Especially since the manufacturer’s response seems to indicate that it’s a common problem. It would be bad to start a fire to try to save $300.

There are very few suppliers that allow any returns on electronic parts.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.