Jandy Lite2 FL5 Troubleshooting

jgwilt

Nov 16, 2023
Charlotte, NC
First, yes I know it is very old and yes I know I should replace it, lol.

I have an old Jandy Lite2 heater (model LJ400N) getting a brown out error code FL5. I have run thru all the troubleshooting, all voltages seem correct. Incoming voltage reads 247.3V between A & B. The power conversion plug has the 230V end plugged into the board, the other end still has orange tape on it. All other voltages read 27.2V at fusible link, pressure switch, fireman's switch, etc (except between white and blue wire in step 1 reads 13.5V as expected). Ignitor reads 81.7 ohms. The manual says replace the ignition control, but I'm not sure if that's a separate board than the power control board? If it is, I can't physically find it on the unit.
The power control board was replaced in the last year or two, and it still looks new, no obvious damage. Mainly just don't to spend $500 to replace it on a guess.
I attached the troubleshooting guide I used.
Thanks,
Joe

Attachments

• Jandy Lite2 Troubleshooting.pdf
    232.2 KB · Views: 3
This may be a more complete manual for your heater?, http://bostonheatingsupply.com/Jandy Zodiac/Jandy LJ.PDF Page # 38 RE: FL5 seems to refer to a resetting sequence needed after an FL5 code and correcting the low voltage condition.

1700241289292.png

1700241328058.png
The manual says replace the ignition control, but I'm not sure if that's a separate board than the power control board? If it is, I can't physically find it on the unit.

Where do you see the manual saying "replace the ignition control"?

It looks like there is only one control board.

1700242562820.png

here in the troubleshooting guide. I contacted tech support and he said there is a separate part R0408100 Digital Heater Ignition Control, but I can't find it on the unit. I'm waiting for further response from them. I'm going to go check for the ignition board again in a few.

View attachment 540929

here in the troubleshooting guide. I contacted tech support and he said there is a separate part R0408100 Digital Heater Ignition Control, but I can't find it on the unit. I'm waiting for further response from them. I'm going to go check for the ignition board again in a few.

I have never put my hands on that heater but this diagram shows the igniter and gas valve directly connected to the Power Control Board.

In some heaters there is a separate Fenwal or Honeywell box that the igniter and gas valve connect to that is the ignition control which then connects to the PCB.

I would think whatever board the igniter and gas valve connect to is the Ignition Control.

1700242908181.png

Yup, the R0408100 Digital Heater Ignition Control is a Fenwal box.

Were you specific with Jandy support that you have a Lite2 LJ?

Not that Amazon product descriptions are accurate but this says it is for Ld and Lg models and does not show Lj.

1700243241315.png

Yea I gave him the model number.
I'm going to contact Jandy again, but it does look like my model might not have a separate ignition control, and I'll be replacing the PCB again.
Thanks for the help, and I'll post a resolution if I find one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.