Selma, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My pool was filled last September and I have been using my TF-100 since then testing my water. I feel very confident and comfortable using the kit. I ordered the refill kit for my TF-100 and just opened it up today. The last time I check CH it was 300ppm. Today, using the new reagents, it is 475ppm. This surprised me. So I used the old reagents today after getting the 475ppm and again I get 300ppm. So I tried to narrow down the discrepancy to see which reagent was causing this. It seems its the R-0012. I used the same pool water sample, the same R-0010 and R-0011L. Only difference between tests is the R-0012. The new reagent gives me 475ppm and the old reagent gives me 300ppm. The old reagent is less than a year old, purchased April of 2020. So which should I trust? I even had my wife count drops with me and watch for the color change. We came up with the same numbers.

Thanks,

Mike

That would say your new 0012 reagent is weaker requiring more drops then your old 0012 reagent,

Is there a difference in tips between the bottles creating different drop sizes?

@mknauss @JoyfulNoise @OTPirate ideas?

Reactions: NCMike
Drop size? Try changing the dropper tips from the old bottle to the new bottle. Be sure you are holding the bottle vertical, no pressure on the bottle, let the drops fall naturally from the tip. Also, a Stir device helps dramatically with the CH test.

Reactions: NCMike
You guys were spot on with suspecting the tips. The new bottle tip was partially blocked. Maybe a piece of plastic from when it was made? I used a tooth pick to push it out and now both bottles are performing the same giving me 300ppm CH. Thank you!

Mike

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.