What would you say this pH level is?

Elevated.

What is the FC?
FC is Zero.

Seems to me the tube goes yellow, orange, pink so I was hoping this fell at 7.7 to represent red.

Never realized exactly how much aeration could affect pH! (Water level got low and have a jet that’s cracked allowing water to aerate. It has been a beast to get down!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I too have had some difficulties discerning the color match. Is the pH meter considered by TFP to be a more accurate means of measuring pH?

You need to regularly calibrate pH meters using pH 7 Standard Solution to maintain its accuracy.

So, they are a little more of a pain to use?
I too have trouble distinguishing the PH in the kit and use the PH Meter to verify what I'm seeing. In my 1 week of use, I have not had to calibrate it at all, but its pretty darn easy to use. You turn it on, stick it in the water and it gives you the PH almost instantly.

So, they are a little more of a pain to use?

If a pH meter loses calibration and you don’t realize it it can lead you well astray. If you get pH readings you don’t expect you need to double check it with the OTO test.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.