What would it take to repair these cracks?

poool

Jun 19, 2023
NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This was my first season with a pool, and I noticed some cracks forming around the walkway:

PXL_20231001_182734197.jpg PXL_20231001_182739516.jpg

and also under it where it meets these tiles:

PXL_20230806_180125745.jpg PXL_20230806_180137583.jpg PXL_20230806_180143812.jpg

The pool is closed now, so I'm researching for next year. What would be involved in repairing these? I'm hoping the walkway can be patched? Does this joint between the tiles and deck have a name, and can that be filled?

Thanks for the help!

Cracking is what concrete does. Control joints are put on large slabs of concrete to create a weak spot for the cracks to form. Your large slabs should have had more control joints to focus the cracking in those areas.

Small spider cracks like you have are best left alone. No repair will look better then the way it is now.

It looks like you have a cantilevered deck. Read Expansion Joints and Coping - Further Reading

The gap you have was covered with a plastic strip. It looks like grout was put under the plastic strip and has worn away. You need to keep the gap. You can try and replace the plastic strip and grout below it however it will be difficult to get it looking good.

Do not couple the deck to the bond beam with any solid materials.

Cantilevered_Coping.png

Reactions: poool and Bperry
This was my first season with a pool, and I noticed some cracks forming around the walkway:

View attachment 540281 View attachment 540282

and also under it where it meets these tiles:

View attachment 540278 View attachment 540279 View attachment 540280

The pool is closed now, so I'm researching for next year. What would be involved in repairing these? I'm hoping the walkway can be patched? Does this joint between the tiles and deck have a name, and can that be filled?

Thanks for the help!
Any repair to the cracks in the decking would be far more noticeable than the cracks themselves.

Reactions: poool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.