What to do next?

Back in town late last night and think the inline chlorinator didn't work or barely worked - had added 5 pucks and set it on the low setting of 1? Couldn't find a manual.
So PH was atleast 8.2 and Chlorine was almost nil again. But did adjust the ph first, waited and then added chlorine....per the fabulous Pool Calculator. Waited until this evening when I had time to do a full panel and was surprised at the CYA level.

PH 7.5
FC 3.5
CC 0
TA 100
CH 300
CYA maybe 25?
We had tons of rain last week so may have had an impact.

Moving forward....
I have the trichlor pucks sitting in the chlorinator evidentially doing nothing - should I dial this up or remove them?
Did not find how to estimate a setting/number of pucks - they looked virtually unused.
I am adding recommended liquid chlorine anyway
Should I switch over and buy the Cyanuric Acid - a liquid form? How quick should this be done?

thanks

One day soon I want to get to my original problem - metal staining ;-)

Hello, hope you don't mind another round of questions.

Have been only using the trichlor pucks the last couple weeks hoping to bump up the CYA level. But chlorine is often too high or too low and can't seem to get a good setting rate/flow on the chlorinator. Keep adjusting it. Also checked levels today and CYA is not registering, barely cloudy and see the black dot so less than possibly 20.

Today's numbers:
PH 7.5
FC 8
CC less than .5
TA 140
CYA less than 20
water gorgeous

(didn't do calcium as that's no longer as much concern)

Seems generally to me also that ph drifts up and the TA is kinda high. I added muriatic acid a few days ago when the ph was 8+

I've been online and called around and haven't found anyone that sells liquid cyanuric acid, except some salt "natural" conditioner product that pool store sells.

The pool service thinks I have a have a leak and the pool filler keeps replenishing, therefore a low CYA.

So that's the lengthy update and here are the questions:

How "dangerous" is it to keep waiting on the pucks to build up some add'l CYA ... and am I wasting time and puck chlorine?
How low is too low CYA?
Is it possible to even buy liquid CYA?

And I'm reading up on pool leaks on the forum and think I'll do a basic bucket test. But again I had a lot of rain last month and backwashed a lot with the other metal/calcium issues.

Still haven't done a follow up metals treatment.... trying to get everything to stay in a normal range for awhile.

Thanks for any input

9600 gallon IG Vinyl
Hayward Sand filter with volcanic medium
1 HP pump, hayward chlorinator
and... a auto pool filler

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.