What should i do?

Great! Very unusual to naturally have high TA and a lower pH. The pH will rise rapidly with some aeration.

Do you have any water features, bubblers, kids to splash around in the pool, etc? It will not take much with that TA, and I would assume your pH would naturally be in the 7's before anything from Amazon could arrive.

Do you have any water features, bubblers, kids to splash around in the pool, etc? It will not take much with that TA, and I would assume your pH would naturally be in the 7's before anything from Amazon could arrive.
I only have kids. So no need to worry? I just got my TF-Pro kit yesterday and used it for the 1st time. So I will test again today.

I just got my TF-Pro kit yesterday and used it for the 1st time. So I will test again today.
I suspect your TA reading is higher than reality.
From our Extended Test Directions page:
Sometimes a static electric charge can build up on the R-0009 dropper bottle tip, causing the drops to be smaller than usual and making the test read higher than actual. You can prevent this by wiping the tip of the dropper bottle with a damp cloth or tissue before you start and after each drop.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sometimes a static electric charge can build up on the R-0009 dropper bottle tip, causing the drops to be smaller than usual and making the test read higher than actual. You can prevent this by wiping the tip of the dropper bottle with a damp cloth or tissue before you start and after each drop.
Thanks

Re did test...TA is 110 and PH is 6.8-7.0.
My CYA is 20-30. Which is why I have next to know chlorine. I am using bleach. What can I do to raise my CYA?

You use stabilizer/conditioner. You might find some at your Walmart or Canadian Tire store. Pool stores will carry it also.

No issue on your pH and TA. The pH will come up once the kids get in the pool and splash around.

You use stabilizer/conditioner. You might find some at your Walmart or Canadian Tire store. Pool stores will carry it also.

No issue on your pH and TA. The pH will come up once the kids get in the pool and splash around.
Thank you. Have had my pool for a couple years. Finally taking the time to learn and not rely on the pool store.

Reactions: mknauss
Is the black dot supposed pretty much disappear or just not as clear?
Here is what I do.
Once you have your solution ready, back to the sun, etc. Fill the vial to a line, say 80, lower the vial to your waist level and glance for the dot, you see it, add solution to the 70 line, glance, see it, repeat until you no longer see it with a glance. Then use the CYA value one step above the line you read. So if you stopped at 50, use 60 ppm CYA.

The vial is in logarithmic scale. So it is not viable to interpolate between the lines. Just use the whole numbers, such as 50, 40, 30, ....

Like I said, glance. To me that means when I glance, there is no dot. It might be a shaded area, but no dot. Glance is used so you do not focus on a dot. You will see a dot a lot longer if you focus on it. But if you glance, once the dot is gone, the test is over.

Reactions: Methuselah
Pic is a good example of ingenuity to aerate ...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.