What know, SWG question I cant figure

Ok, was on vacation, well I guess if visiting the wife's family is vacation.... Week and a half ago I added 3 gallons of 12.5% chlo and covered the pool 2/3s with the semi clear bubble tarp. Also before going on vacation I was on a consistent usage of Pool Perfect/Phosfree. I did not add any more CYA (50)as yet. I wanted to see if a shock and cover changed anything. Week and half later pool is at 1.0 free CL. Measured outlet water for CL and same as pool, 1.0. Pool very clear. Salt reading stabilized at 3500. Voltage at 24.8 and amps at 7.2. Boy do I think I should be at such higher levels of free CL then this

As for flow and my major brain fart... Discharge is at 7psi w/ pump running at 1800rpm. Suction and discharge are both under water so no suction lift. Very low flow for the pipping at this speed so lets add 3 feet of head for the suction. Discharge pipe loss is accounted for into the discharge pressure. Also velocity head is very low because of this low flow. So lets go with 7 x 2.3 = 16 feet. Plus 4 feet for suction pipe loss head(using the approx flow elbows and feet of pipe) gives us 20 feet of head. Using graph above flow is somewhere around 70gpm.

It was stated earlier, you need a FAS/DPD chlorine test so you can accurately measure the FC.

Once you have this test you can run an OCLT and confirm if the pool is algae free or not. All indications are saying the pool has nascent algae at this time.

UPDATE! Got the fas/dpd kit. Pool water w/10ml 12 drops = 6 ppm. Return line water w/10ml 22 drops = 11 ppm. SO.. the the swg is working great. Looks like I now have a backup cell. Take a look at the pool water test. Laeft is the fas test before titration right is the pool water with the r-0001 and r-0002. The right might be showing .5. Ya think this was my problem?

Thanks all who responded. For others get new test chemicals if something is not right. My chemiles were going on their second year and stored inside minus once or twice they were left out a day or so.

Again thanks, Brad

PS I am going to let pool calm down with swg at 50% and do the OCLT. But I don't think I will see any thing. I'll post the results.
20170821_162908.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.