What kind of Filter do I have?

Joye

Aug 13, 2020
Arizona
Hi! I'm new here and need help! We recently bought a new "old" home with a very old pool. I'm a life-long pool owner and I cannot figure this pool out. I have particles returning into pool after I vacuum and I can't get ahead of it. I have no idea when sand was replaced....but seems like I should start there, but don't even know what kind of filter this is and how much media I will need to replace with. Any ideas?20200813_120932.jpg

I knew it was a UFO! :) By the time you remove all those bolts, you could have a new sand filter (with MPV) dropped in-place, sipping your favorite drink. But then again, I use a product until it falls apart. I hate to waste anything. I'll wear the same pair of socks until they disintegrate off of my feet.

It looks like there are about 6 models. If you need parts, you would need to figure out the exact model and size.

Sta-Rite HRPB20, HRPB24, HRPB30

Sta-Rite HRP20-01B, HRP24-01B, HRP30-01B

The model number is the filter diameter as shown in the manual. The 20 and 24 inch diameter models have 24 bolts and the 30 inch diameter filter has 32 bolts.

Last edited:
I knew it was a UFO! :) By the time you remove all those bolts, you could have a new sand filter (with MPV) dropped in-place, sipping your favorite drink. But then again, I use a product until it falls apart. I hate to waste anything. I'll wear the same pair of socks until they disintegrate off of my feet.
You are right....should probably be replaced and most likely will be in the near future. Thank you!

Reactions: Texas Splash
You most likely do not need to replace the sand, but a deep clean might help. I believe you will have to disassemble regardless.

Reactions: Joye

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
can't figure that out either. I see no waste valve.
Afraid not with that slide valve. No waste option. :( In the event however you do decide to keep that filter, you might be able to replace the plunger with a multiport valve. You would just have to measure the dimensions between the in & out ports to get a good match. The folks at InyoPools could probably help you with a retrofit.

Reactions: Joye
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.