What is your salt level? NON-SWG pools only. Yes i know this sounds nuts.

pookiesunshine

Gold Supporter
May 12, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This is related to my previous topic here: what is typical salt level of NON SWG pool?

I am asking anyone that has a chlorine based pool that does NOT use SWG to post their salt levels. Now, I realize that if you dont have a SWG, you probably dont have a salt test kit. duh. I also realize that if you are here on TFP you probably dont have your water tested at a pool store. duh duh. So i dont expect much feedback, just a long shot. Next time you are going to the pool store for anything, please take a sample and have it tested for salt and post the results here. Again, only if you DONT have SWG. Thanks!

p,

I converted two pools from chlorine pools into saltwater pools and tested the water beforehand so I knew how much salt was already in the water... It has been a while, but one of them was about 600 ppm and the other about 900 ppm of salt...

Thanks,

Jim R.

It’s going to vary strongly with geographic location. If you live in a dry/arid climate, then a manually dosed pool with low water turnover will have a higher baseline salinity. For a pool like yours in OH, I would not be surprised if the salinity is quite low given the larger volumes of water exchange from precipitation and winterization. Eastern US pool owners should see the lowest baseline salinity levels because of the ample rainfall and, in the northeast, long winterization periods.

It’s going to vary strongly with geographic location. If you live in a dry/arid climate, then a manually dosed pool with low water turnover will have a higher baseline salinity. For a pool like yours in OH, I would not be surprised if the salinity is quite low given the larger volumes of water exchange from precipitation and winterization. Eastern US pool owners should see the lowest baseline salinity levels because of the ample rainfall and, in the northeast, long winterization periods.

Please note: Larger volumes of water exchange from precipitation and winterization. WOW :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.