Apr 27, 2019
Morganville, NJ
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
New pool owner, and theres a capped off return in the side of the pool. I thought possibly would be a suction for an automatic cleaner, but when I removed the cap, and adjusted the valve for the pump, I didn't feel any flow (in or out) Just "dead".

Also, the previous owner mentioned that when he replaced the liner, he did have them run plumbing for some type of in-floor automatic cleaner, however never purchased the additional pump/equipment for it. Not sure what he is referencing. You can see that pipe directly below the valve/union in the equipment picture.

Still in process of SLAM, so can't see the bottom of pool really to see if there are any additional ports/connections in the pool.

Appreciate the help!

Attachments

• 20190524_134447.jpg
    20190524_134447.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20190524_135300.jpg
    20190524_135300.jpg
    661.1 KB · Views: 11
I have a mystery pipe like that. I assume it leads to the empty socket that used to have a broken-off quick-connect of some type in it. I've never cut the cap off the pipe to investigate. I'd just want to connect it and have a fourth return and at present I have no leaks so I don't want to disturb things.

Reactions: Shruggs85
I have a mystery pipe like that. I assume it leads to the empty socket that used to have a broken-off quick-connect of some type in it. I've never cut the cap off the pipe to investigate. I'd just want to connect it and have a fourth return and at present I have no leaks so I don't want to disturb things.

Thank you sir - maybe I should just invite you over for an hour - tell me everything I need for the pool haha.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.