rwellborn

May 5, 2021
Dunedin FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
On my most recent service the DE filter allowed stabilizer to pass through and my technician is recommending I replace the filter. I have an open 15,000 gallon pebbletec finish chlorine pool with spa. I have a newer heatpump and newer pentair 1.65hp variable speed pump. It gets a LOT of debris from trees. I have an automatic pool cleaner that removes most of the leaves and debris so it does not go through the filter. My technician vacuums once a week (or so he says) and maintains water quality and equipment maintenance.

What do you recommend I replace the filter with for very clear water. We do a lot of night swimming so I want it clear. Thanks

On my most recent service the DE filter allowed stabilizer to pass through and my technician is recommending I replace the filter. I have an open 15,000 gallon pebbletec finish chlorine pool with spa. I have a newer heatpump and newer pentair 1.65hp variable speed pump. It gets a LOT of debris from trees. I have an automatic pool cleaner that removes most of the leaves and debris so it does not go through the filter. My technician vacuums once a week (or so he says) and maintains water quality and equipment maintenance.

What do you recommend I replace the filter with for very clear water. We do a lot of night swimming so I want it clear. Thanks
Ultimately, any good filter will provide clear water if the chemicals are kept up, especially with a VSP that can give you long, slow filtration runs.
For pools with a lot of debris from trees, plants, etc. I always like a sand filter of at least 3 sq. ft.
They can be backwashed anytime needed with little effort. They do lose water to that process, so with if you have a SWG, adding/replacing salt is a bit more often.
A large (300sq. ft. or more) cartridge is also a good option.
What filter do you have now? Stabilizer getting through could be as simple as a torn grid or cracked manifold.