What is this buildup in my cartridge filter housing?

Were the cartridges a similar color ? My pollen sludge looks like the top thin layer of yellow crud. No idea what made the squirt mustard color.

I don't know why it's yellow. I would throw out the PTFE and get silicone lube.

I didn’t know that, I just bought what the pool store sold me as being safe for the o-rings. I should have known. 🤦🏻‍♂️ It’s about empty. I’ll find the lube that’s recommended.

Were the cartridges a similar color ? My pollen sludge looks like the top thin layer of yellow crud. No idea what made the squirt mustard color.

No, they were their usual color. This is the first time this season I’ve cleaned the filter though, that’s why I thought it could be pollen.

Just out of curiosity, are there any pool noodles of similar coloring? As mine started aging, they started losing their surface.. It was quite startling to open the skimmer and see green stuff stuck to the stocking inside.

I do have a couple noodles and a couple of sprayers that are orange-ish. Could be?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.