What is 'standard' prep for replastering?

I agree. Here is the link as promised. This is one of my neighbors who just happens to have a great website and often offers seasonal advise to those of us that are "diggers". She inspires many of us. She also landscapes around pool environments and often offers some good options. We do love to have plenty to gaze upon while floating. http://signaturegardens.blogspot.com/p/containers.html Hope it is okay to share the inspirations in this manner, but her list of plants and experience may help you make your list and give you some ideas.

We just re-filled our pool and are cleaning up the construction zone, and I can't wait to get dirty so I can jump it. Our new surface has made such a difference in the look and feel. We are brushing, testing, and patiently waiting for that perfect color that everyone talks about. Come on Sun and Spring!!!

Pretty house and yard! I see a hammock in your future!

Those tiles do not look as bad as some I have seen. No worries because anyone that comes over to swim in your pool will just be enjoying the fun times!

Kim

Wow thanks for the input! OK, fruit trees are out. See what you can learn from others' wisdom? We were considering citrus trees specifically.

Thank you for the link to Signature Gardens, Golderdog.

I would love variety. Variety in color, blooming times, textures, heights, I love it all - not a huge fan of 'desert landscaping', and I'm not crazy about cactus. I am not a huge gardener either. I love having a garden, I will take care of it, but I am not a spend all day digging kind of girl and I don't think any variety of anything that requires high maintenance will be happiest in our yard. Frankly I'd rather be in the pool, LOL. I'd LOVE the 'cottage butterfly garden' you describe but I don't know what kind of maintenance is required. Having said that, when we lived in MN, we had a very bird-friendly yard and I would love to include that in our selections (things that may produce seeds/berries/nectar for birds).

We know we really like some varieties of Texas Sage, and we would like a couple Crapes along the fenceline - I think it's far enough away that it won't end up in the pool. I was thinking maybe a couple vines to climb the fence possibly as well.

Patrick_B, you have no idea the things I said as I was hacking down those Crape Myrtles with a chainsaw. It was quite colorful. Whoever did that was an idiot. (sorry) I was cleaning that pool and skimmer baskets at least 3 times a day.

Jen I bet is was the same things I was saying as I cleaned the pool AGAIN from the live oak tree hanging RIGHT OVER THE POOL and pool house!

We did not have any extra money BUT I made sure that tree got cut down withing the first month of us living here!

Kim

We're in the process of getting bids back to redo our pool also. We currently have an IG gunite with fiberglass overlay. We are going to either replaster or do Pebble tec or Pebble Sheen. The fiberglass overlay was done several years ago by the former owner.

I was fortunate to speak with him today and found out there were no structural cracks when they did the fiberglass. They did the glass for chemical maintenance reasons. Phew!

One contractor wants to charge $1200 to strip all of the plaster to bare gunite on top of the removal of the fiberglass overlay. The pool was built in the late 70s or early 80s. Should I have them remove all of the existing plaster down to gunite and put all new plaster? They are going to sandblast the pool to removethe fibrrglass. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.