What is “SLAM”?

A SLAM is the acronym for "Shock Level and Maintain"..... meaning to cure an algae outbreak you need to bring your pool water up to the correct FC level based on your CYA level and then keep it there until the pool water is clear, pristine and algaie free proven by testing.

SLAM Process

Maddie :flower:

A SLAM is the acronym for "Shock Level and Maintain"..... meaning to cure an algae outbreak you need to bring your pool water up to the correct FC level based on your CYA level and then keep it there until the pool water is clear, pristine and algaie free proven by testing.

SLAM Process

Maddie :flower:

As of yet - I have not added CYA - I have a liquid chlorine intellichem system.

As of yet - I have not added CYA - I have a liquid chlorine intellichem system.

CYA provides a 'bank' of chlorine. It also allows for extremely low active chlorine levels. So bather comfort is far superior and when an organic event occurs the chlorine 'bank' can combat it.

You are welcome to run your pool chemistry as you like. The science just does not recommend it.

Good luck.

So that depends on climate, pool equipment, indoor or outdoor pool, etc.

Please add a signature. Read Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
Information in your signature will show up each time you post and it makes advice more accurate as we know what equipment we are dealing with.

Also a city in NJ is helpful.

Some purchase CYA through Amazon.

Liquid chlorine and muriatic acid are not normally something one purchases on line and thus Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, or pool stores are normal venues to purchase those items.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.