What is purpose of “24 Hour SWG Chlorine Output” in Pool Math App?

It specifies the output of the cell you have if you ran it at 100% for 24 hours. All SWGs produce a finite amount of chlorine over a 24 hours period. For example, the Pentair IC-40 produces 1.4 lbs of chlorine gas per day and the CircuPool RJ-60 produces 3 lbs of chlorine gas per day. Knowing that number allows the app to calculate how much FC is being added by an SWG.

Reactions: Websherpa
Thank you, that makes logical sense, (It shows my IC-20 produces .7 lbs), but I am failing to see where that’s used or indicated in the logs or reports. Maybe it’s right in front of me and I am missing it? How do I (or the App) use that number?

I am assuming that in a perfect world it would be comparing this output plus input of current % setting to the FC consumption over time and then telling you how to change your cell % on average to achieve your goal FC. And might even detect when cell needs cleaning or replacement.

(But I don’t see that anywhere. I am using the iPhone App, and there may be differences.)

Go to Effects of Adding Chemicals in your app. You can do as you describe. Vary your % settings and pump run time to determine FC added to your pool volume.

Reactions: Websherpa
Go to Effects of Adding Chemicals in your app. You can do as you describe. Vary your % settings and pump run time to determine FC added to your pool volume.
FANTASTIC, OK! Right in front of me but not something I would normally see/use.

And it didn’t occur to me that there was a SWG selection in the Overview (as I add liquid chlorine in the beginning of season or if I ever need (if ever) shock or SLAM. Must be a new addition to the app.

Is there an App manual yet somewhere? Maybe I am missing another gem!!!

Thank you!!

We are working on a tutorial.

Create a dummy pool (you can have multiple pool setups) and then start experimenting. I have multiple pools set up so I can help forum members. Different pool surfaces, SWCG and not, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.