What is purpose of “24 Hour SWG Chlorine Output” in Pool Math App?

JoyfulNoise

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
May 23, 2015
Tucson, AZ
It specifies the output of the cell you have if you ran it at 100% for 24 hours. All SWGs produce a finite amount of chlorine over a 24 hours period. For example, the Pentair IC-40 produces 1.4 lbs of chlorine gas per day and the CircuPool RJ-60 produces 3 lbs of chlorine gas per day. Knowing that number allows the app to calculate how much FC is being added by an SWG.

Reactions: Websherpa

Websherpa

May 6, 2016
Ontario / Canada
Thank you, that makes logical sense, (It shows my IC-20 produces .7 lbs), but I am failing to see where that’s used or indicated in the logs or reports. Maybe it’s right in front of me and I am missing it? How do I (or the App) use that number?

I am assuming that in a perfect world it would be comparing this output plus input of current % setting to the FC consumption over time and then telling you how to change your cell % on average to achieve your goal FC. And might even detect when cell needs cleaning or replacement.

(But I don’t see that anywhere. I am using the iPhone App, and there may be differences.)

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Go to Effects of Adding Chemicals in your app. You can do as you describe. Vary your % settings and pump run time to determine FC added to your pool volume.

Reactions: Websherpa

Websherpa

May 6, 2016
Ontario / Canada
Go to Effects of Adding Chemicals in your app. You can do as you describe. Vary your % settings and pump run time to determine FC added to your pool volume.
FANTASTIC, OK! Right in front of me but not something I would normally see/use.

And it didn’t occur to me that there was a SWG selection in the Overview (as I add liquid chlorine in the beginning of season or if I ever need (if ever) shock or SLAM. Must be a new addition to the app.

Is there an App manual yet somewhere? Maybe I am missing another gem!!!

Thank you!!

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
We are working on a tutorial.

Create a dummy pool (you can have multiple pool setups) and then start experimenting. I have multiple pools set up so I can help forum members. Different pool surfaces, SWCG and not, etc.