What heater to get?

Shansie1

Feb 6, 2019
Oceanside, ny
hi guys. We just converted our home heating system from oil to gas. We previously had an oil heater for the pool and it therefore can no longer be used. Any recommendations for the kind of heaters that we should be looking into? Thank you!

Welcome to TFP.

Tell us more about your pool - size, gallons, type of surface, equipment, etc. Please read-before-you-post and put the details of your pool in your signature.

Who are you going to have do the heater install?

Hi,

Thanks. I added a signature with the pool and equipment specs. Aside from heater brand, any suggestions about how many BTU I will need? If I am doing the math correctly, I think the pool is approximately 20K gallons.

As for installations, I was planning on having a professional install (probably either the person who did the gas conversion or the company that opens/closes the pool). Do the manufacturers or retailers typically offer installation options (with a warranty on the install)?

Thanks in advance.

The more BTU the faster your pool will heat. A 400K BTU heater will heat a 20K pool around 1.5 to 2 degrees an hour.

Local pool company or plumber can do the heater install. Some heaters warranty vary if professional ly installed versus DIY. Check on the warranty you get based on where you buy the heater and who does the install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.