What have you done for your Pool Paradise recently?

jark87

Silver Supporter
Jun 5, 2011
Flower Mound, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Those are a couple of pieces of styrofoam. Just floating to give the cover support and add tension. Helps when blowing leaves off the cover.

Reactions: Arizonarob

jark87

Silver Supporter
Jun 5, 2011
Flower Mound, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Is that a "custom made" pool cover? And what company may I ask?
Yes, it’s a Katchaleaf cover. Kinda pricey, but has served us well. This is the 14th season it has been on and it’s still holding up. Not a single tear in the netting.

Belikin

Gold Supporter
Mar 15, 2020
NE Florida
Finally finished our landscaping and are in full swing with pool nights with the wife and I.
She commented just last night about how she loves how clear and nice our water is. TFP for the win!
Our favorite is reenacting the initiation/volcano scene from Finding Nemo in the jacuzzi with the bubbler going, red lights on, and tiki torches lit.
Also, just recently added these Octopi which make my inner sailor grin every time I see them.

Attachments

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I rebuilt my Polaris 280 cleaner today. Bought the kit for $165 and changed out all the internal moving parts + wheels & tires.
Put it back in pool and it climbed up the wall, crawled on the deep end seat and on the steps as well as across the bottom of pool.
Took about 2 hrs but I took my time and ensured all the parts were clean before I put them back together.
I followed instructions I found on inyopools.com which where were great. I also changed out the wear rings on the tail which I purchased separately. Hope this helps others who still use the Polaris 280.

Polaris A49 Tune Up Kit for 280.jpgPolaris A49 Tune Up Kit for 280 (2).jpg

Attachments

Reactions: jark87

poolnoobgrandma

Gold Supporter
Sep 15, 2018
Seminole, FL
I feel your pain. We have invaded by springtails, but I have always have had to fight off ants. The good news is whatever, I am using on the springtails (with some limited effectiveness) has pretty much taken care of every single ant!!!
Please let me know if you find anything that really works on springtails.