I have a vinyl pool with an auto cover and have had no problems with it. It is three years old and I love it. It keeps the water warmer and when it is covered you do not lose any chlorine. I have a SWG so I figure it will add to the life of the salt cell.

One thing to keep in mind if you do not put a fence around the pool. It is recommended on the days the pool is not in use, you should open your cover for 3-4 hours/day to let the sun hit the pool and CC's to burn off. You do not want to keep the cover closed for days on end. I have both a safety cover and a fence. Code around here requires a fence even with a safety cover.

It is recommended on the days the pool is not in use, you should open your cover for 3-4 hours/day to let the sun hit the pool and CC's to burn off.
I have heard this many times on this site but it seems unnecessary to me. My pool is covered most of the time. If I uncover it and immediately test the water, I always have 0 or, occasionally, 0.5 ppm CC, and I've never had chloramine smell. So I don't think I have anything to burn off. Except, of course, FC when exposed to the sun. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.