What goes on in the pool store!

Zero, 60, or less than 20. :jocolor:

Better get some more!

What is your CH again? You could always go Cal-Hypo... Two birds with one stone.
(That's a Scotch Double on the bird field.) :)

They may have a decent price on both actually....

Thanks Patrick,

I like that plan. My CH is 200 so I am going to mom & pops for CYA and granular cal hypo this afternoon. I can boost my calcium and reduce my jug lugging at the same time! Maybe the 4 lb box of CYA from Walmart was not very potent for some reason. It believe it was chlorox brand but could have been HTH.

Crystal

My Walmart only has Clorox in stock now. I had zero when I tested yesterday. I added about 4 lbs and am going to test tomorrow in the sun. I think I lost mine to rain overflow and backwashing.

Crystal, Remember you dumped a bunch of water during that rain storm to keep the pool from over flowing.

4 lbs is almost nothing but a snack for the Beast :roll:

Kim:kim:

Hi Kim :cat:

I did ditch some water that day. I ran the backwash for probably 5 minutes. I put 5 more lbs CYA in tonight. Hoping that will at least get me to 20. Then I've got another 5 for it. You're not kidding that 5 lbs is a snack. This thing is a bottomless pit!
Hope your add goes as planned!

It looks like your test vial is in full sun. That's great for lighting up the solution, but also lights up the dot at the bottom.

Try holding the vial with thumb and forefinger at the top edge. This allows lots of light to get into the tube. Have full sun at your back and your body shading the test vial. Hold the vial down at waist level. Hopefully that will help with CYA readings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.