What does your pool paradise look like?

I wish I had a picture of my shades prior to the chiller. I had 2 and they gave me pretty good coverage. They were virtually identical in size and color to yours. My issue was anchoring them. I had them anchored to trees and was afraid of a strong wind coming up and snapping a tree into my pool. That and my wife hated them. 😊 Our trees have grown quite a bit in the past 13 years and I’m loving the shade!

Here’s my current view. Water temp of 79!

View attachment 153366
Love everything about this--what is the finish? How high is the spa?

I must ask what kind of mini palm tree that is. I like the size!! Perfect!!

It’s called a Christmas tree palm. Here is a link with all the info:

So this bar is open in the winter?!? Growing up in Wisconsin, I know you could use glasses made of ice for the drinks at certain times
:cool:
I must ask what kind of mini palm tree that is. I like the size!! Perfect!!

So this bar is open in the winter?!? Growing up in Wisconsin, I know you could use glasses made of ice for the drinks at certain times

Reactions: Psycho1122
[/QUOTE]

We have been out there when it is pretty cold. Especially during Buckeye season. Being from Wisconsin I know you can appreciate that. But alas, good call, it is closed during the deep of the winter!😀

Reactions: Psycho1122
Love everything about this--what is the finish? How high is the spa?
Thank you! Pool is 13 years old, so I don’t have the finish specifics. Coping is Oklahoma flagstone, which is pretty common in N. TX. Spa is a stacked stone and I believe it is from the same family as the coping. It is 18” high from the decking. The tile is brown with some blues and grays. Plaster is Pebble Sheen that is a dark blue. At the time, it was their 2nd to darkest color.

I wish I had a picture of my shades prior to the chiller. I had 2 and they gave me pretty good coverage. They were virtually identical in size and color to yours. My issue was anchoring them. I had them anchored to trees and was afraid of a strong wind coming up and snapping a tree into my pool. That and my wife hated them. 😊 Our trees have grown quite a bit in the past 13 years and I’m loving the shade!

Mrs. Beard does not like the Sail Shades.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes it’s a 12’x12’ gazebo from Costco. It’s made by yardistry. We really like it. We ran power to it that comes up through one of the posts. Added a 4 gang box at the top of the post where 3 of the outlets are hot and one is controlled by a switch. Mounted a 32” flat screen tv to the post and ran a string of led bulbs from Costco around the perimeter.
Nice set up! Is that Costco gazebo secured to the ground? We're in Florida, so high winds would be a worry.

Thanks. Those are 2” solid travertine coping stones. I’m not sure where our pool builder sourced them. We saw them on another pool he built and said we want the same ones.
Very nice. I was going to get the 1 1/4” travertine coping but they tend to crack in my area. I going to ask for a quote for the 2” ones.
Thanks Leik.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.