scc2687

Jun 2, 2021
Oakville,ON
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I have a hot tub and there are two pumps connect to the tub as indicated in the picture attached. But, there is a extra flex pipe (open end) stick out in the ground and which is connect to the hot tub as well. When I winterize my hot tub (blowing from the hot tub's jets or return), I can see water shooting out from this extra pipe which means it connects to the hot tub. Anyone know what this pipe does? Thank you very much.

20210602083734.png

Welcome to the forum!
By hot tub are you speaking about an integrated spa with your pool or a standalone spa?
The hot tub needs an air inlet to make the bubbles. I suspect that is what that pipe is for. When you run the hot tub, is air being pulled in at that pipe?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
By hot tub are you speaking about an integrated spa with your pool or a standalone spa?
The hot tub needs an air inlet to make the bubbles. I suspect that is what that pipe is for. When you run the hot tub, is air being pulled in at that pipe?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
thank you for your help. I am not sure about the the air is pulled in at that pipe. I guess you are correct. My hot tub has two over flow ports to the pool adjacent, and my pool pump has jets in the tub. is there any special things that I have to pay attention when winterize my hot tub for this pipe?

So it is an integrated spa with the pool. Please add your signature as it helps us help you.

The line should drain when you drain to below the returns in the spa for winter. You could blow some air down the line to clear it if you feel it is necessary.

just did a little bit search, and found out the my tub has venturi tees built into the tub wall where the water from the pump is forced through a nozzle which pulls air in through the air line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.