What do you do with your robot?

SamsIam

Bronze Supporter
May 28, 2016
Arlington, TX
I have had my Mayrtonics A30i for a week now and it has rained twice here. I think the manual says to not let the power supply get wet even though to me it appears to be fairly water resistant. We were thinking of getting a Rubbermaid container big enough to store it in out by the pool and protect the power supply from the weather. Anyone else doing something like this?

Did you get the caddy with it? Mine sits on its caddy on the back porch out of the sun. If you don't use the caddy you have to store it on its side or upside down so as to not smash the treads and rollers.

I did get the caddy but was thinking of pitching it so I can get a smaller storage unit. You have a good point though about storage and not smashing the treads/rollers. Maybe I will just take the upright off, mount the power supply and use the lower part of the caddy to store it on.

I did get the caddy but was thinking of pitching it so I can get a smaller storage unit. You have a good point though about storage and not smashing the treads/rollers. Maybe I will just take the upright off, mount the power supply and use the lower part of the caddy to store it on.

Others have just used the caddy base in a deck box as an easy way to store it properly and make it look nice.

I'm in year four with my M4 and I've always stored it outside on the caddy. When it rains, it gets wet and I've never had a problem. Not recommending it but it hasn't affected mine. I did not even know until recently that it wasn't supposed to be left outside as it certainly looks like it's made to be weather proof. In any case, taking it inside after every use is just not practical as the caddy/cleaner combo is just too awkward and heavy to be moved around on a regular basis.

I figured that the powersupply would be designed to be rain resistant. To be safe, I guess I'll take a small rubbermaid container and modify (cut it) so it drops on top of the controller. That should protect it a possibly save it from a repair down the road.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.