What did you do to your pool today?

Saw the bottom and all the leaves my son missed when he scooped them out blind last week. Put him back on scoop detail, listened to him gripe about every net full of leaves he pulled up while I brushed the walls and added chlorine. Can't see the bottom anymore!

I finally finished my hard pipe project eliminating all but one short Intex hose. It's a traditional metal wall pool and it just looks better hard plumbed! Pool is clear but I have discovered washers around return need replacement so that's a project. I want a light so I may go the return/light combo. I need to get a little more bleach and make sure the OCLT is OK but I think it is. Then it goes to SWG mode and levels. Only glitch in the program now is I'm leaving for a few days week after next and I don't want to run anything while gone.

Saw the bottom and all the leaves my son missed when he scooped them out blind last week. Put him back on scoop detail, listened to him gripe about every net full of leaves he pulled up while I brushed the walls and added chlorine. Can't see the bottom anymore!

Zea, do you just like keeping your SLAM skillzz honed for your work on TFP or what?? :lol:

I finally finished my hard pipe project eliminating all but one short Intex hose. It's a traditional metal wall pool and it just looks better hard plumbed! Pool is clear but I have discovered washers around return need replacement so that's a project. I want a light so I may go the return/light combo. I need to get a little more bleach and make sure the OCLT is OK but I think it is. Then it goes to SWG mode and levels. Only glitch in the program now is I'm leaving for a few days week after next and I don't want to run anything while gone.

And did I see a thread title where you finished a SLAM? Congrats Noah...Catchy handle BTW. :goodjob:

I vacuumed and emptied the strainers. Found a whole lot of pool brush bristles in the pump strainer that I vacuumed up.

Bummer! My PB gave us a fine startup kit with the new pool last year. Before the end of summer the bristles were breaking off the brush that was in there. Cheap Chinese junk like the rest of the kit I'm sure.

Lisa........We know you're a pool chem maniac now, full blown Pool Nerd. No doubt yours is sparkly clean. :jocolor:

Oh...we had a BBQ yesterday and some kids swam in my now again 70 degree water, but no one else. Is it going to warm up this season yet or what? Build a Pool and two summers in a row so far...not much summer..:(

I guess today I'll adjust the chems after a backwash/refill I desperately need. I have gone way too long on this one...:oops:

Cleaned the cartridges for the 4th time. Usually only do it twice in spring. Put cya sock in again, 3rd time this spring. I'm on the edge of low salt again, need to buy some more. Got HOT Cleaning carts and brushing pool so I dove in! 76 degrees. Not so bad.

Yes I am a pool nerd and my water sparkles... Lol. I was going to vacuum this morning before I turned the filter on, but I did not get to bed until after 1am, so decided I would vaccume tomorrow morning...lol I did test this morning and posted my results in my after SLAM thread.

Opened the pool for the year today. Threw in the Dolphin to suck up about a trillion worms. Water is 64 and too cold for the swg to operate. First thing I did was test the salt with my Taylor salt test kit, 3400. Cell says "low salt", likely due to the cold water. Forgot to order fas/dpd reagent for my k2006 so have no idea what my FC or CC is. But the strip says 20+ still. Ordered reagent off of amazon today. Should be here mid week. Somewhat expected as I did leave the FC pretty high at closing. Ph is 7.2 and CYA is 90.

Did not take time to test TA and CH but will do tomorrow likely. I always have a difficult time getting those right. Which ever one it is that is supposed to turn blue never does, just purple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Woke up to the pool flooding - again! [emoji15]. I have never had to drain the pool so much! It's been a bit of a crazy week here. Our dog had an expensive and unexpected surgery, and I've had to be a vet tech at home; even had to take my dog to work one day. Add on a 13yo bday party for my daughter and the pool was a bit neglected. Even though I had drained it TWICE this week, I had to do it again today! Thankful for my SWG to keep the FC in check in times of crisis ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I am a pool nerd and my water sparkles... Lol. I was going to vacuum this morning before I turned the filter on, but I did not get to bed until after 1am, so decided I would vaccume tomorrow morning...lol I did test this morning and posted my results in my after SLAM thread.

What, you have no lights on at your house at 1:00 AM for water testing? ...........Slacker....:lol:

I did BW today finally...major issues around here to deal with all day. Tossed in a tiny amount of Acid, and a regular dose of Bleach...good to go.

I flipped the switch to the pump. That's it. I'll test it tomorrow.

I just brushed out my corners and raked a few clustered leaves. Ready for the Robot after yet another Thunder Storm last night. Maybe I should just wait until they are all done. It's welcome...but annoying for the pool owner. Maybe more to come this week.

Added a little MA. Closed the autocover and reduced pump time to also reduce salt cell time. Temp 78 with cooler days ahead. Trying to keep it warm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support