What did you do to your pool today?

After replacing the salt cell (old one died after 7 years), I rewarded my "hard work" by doing this :D

View attachment 36348

Gorgeous pool! If I weren't on a hill, I'd of twisted Hubby's arm for an in ground but the retaining walls would cost as much as the pool, if not more.

Cleaned bird poo off the railings for the millionth time. They land on the rail and drop it on the rail, in the pool, fly bys. You name it. Its gross and it also drops the pH. Keeping chems balanced and pool swept with the Polaris. Water temp only 70, air temp 55. :shaking2:

Gorgeous pool! If I weren't on a hill, I'd of twisted Hubby's arm for an in ground but the retaining walls would cost as much as the pool, if not more.

Thanks. :D

We talked about getting a pool for about 10 years before we took the plunge (pun intended ;) ). Before we had a pool we rarely used the back yard.....now we can't get enough of it! And I must say, the methods taught here (well, actually I first learned about it on Pool Forum) are key to making pool ownership enjoyable. :swim: :party: :goodjob:

- - - Updated - - -

After a week of using the pool in hot temps and enjoying the pool everyday, high winds blew through and dropped thousands of helicopters in the pool. Ugh... Been cleaning the filter every half hour.

I hear you. Soon our birch trees will start dropping millions of small papery seeds, covering the pool and clogging the skimmers! It usually lasts a couple weeks or so. :mad:

Hey Saturn, if you haven't tried them, skimmer socks sound like a great thing for you on that. I love em.

Oh, there's no problem with the skimmers catching the seeds and preventing them from clogging the filter, it just the volume of seeds clogs up the skimmers (not the filter) pretty quick. I just have to empty the skimmers as often as I can (I do have to work....sigh) and get out the pole and net and skim the surface. What a PITA.

Because I can't keep up with it during the day while I'm at work, I do keep the main drain open so when the skimmers clog (there's two skimmers) there's still good circulation to prevent too much strain on the main pump.

If the trees weren't so beautiful, I'd have them removed. Oh well, thank goodness it only lasts a couple weeks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I didn't do anything to my pool today. Absolutely nothing, but look at it. And for today, that was good enough.

Me either. Home late and we had a storm last night here. My wife ran skimmers and rake out a few leaves. Just like I said, I had it nice and clean for this storm. Which came in from the Northeast, and very cool. It is May right?? :scratch:

Ran the M5 around for a while then netted up some leaves. When the wife got home it was a couple of glasses of wine and floating in the water. Temperature is holding at 80 which was very nice after cutting the grass.

I stared out the window longingly at the autocover praying like heck that the last few weeks of warmer weather have not turned my clean pool into a swamp. I am getting on it this weekend and it was in the 50's a few weeks ago when I peeked any it was crystal clear. Since I have to manually chlorinate until the water is in the 60's and my SWG will work I tend to wait as long as I can. Close til the kids get out of school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I'll be pumping water out when I get home from work. The pool is completly topped out, over 7½" of rain yesterday
shocked.gif

Quit your whining and put the net on the end of your pole!:)

But my pool girl isn't here!

Woody>>>Casey:whip:

No one whips me. I do all the whippin! :whip:

Thanks. :D

We talked about getting a pool for about 10 years before we took the plunge (pun intended ;) ). Before we had a pool we rarely used the back yard.....now we can't get enough of it! And I must say, the methods taught here (well, actually I first learned about it on Pool Forum) are key to making pool ownership enjoyable. :swim: :party: :goodjob:

- - - Updated - - -

I hear you. Soon our birch trees will start dropping millions of small papery seeds, covering the pool and clogging the skimmers! It usually lasts a couple weeks or so. :mad:

I have an umbrella I just pulled out of my pool. The wind was wicked yesterday!

All the choppers I caught in the skimmer yesterday...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support