What did you do to your pool today?

Well down here in Sunny SW Florida..what did I do to my pool today? SWIM!!! and watch the kids SWIM, just like we did back in March, February and heck some polar bears did in January!! I see much talk of "covers" and removing them...this is foreign to me. :wink: Water Temp hovering right around 81ish -unless of course we fire up the hot tub!! But on a serious note we did have a down pour which threw down my chlorine a bit...and caused a dirt ring to form because it washed all the dirt from my screened enclosure into the pool. Nothing a little "great value" bleach couldn't fix !

Tam! You swam in your pool!!??!? Are you crazy? :crazy: :mrgreen:

Wow, we've had some busy Poolers this weekend! :lol:

I wish I could catch 6 degrees, we are back down to 64 now with this strange weather. :(

Picked up a puck floater Friday and started floating 7 at a time, so we'll see who notices this and comments. :mrgreen:

I highly doubt you are floating pucks! If you are you may want to consider straight bleach....lol

As for me I kept up my shock levels, added DE twice, backwashed once, ran the auto cleaner, brushed 3 or 4 times.

Really, I have been! Trying to figure out how many I need to put in when I Leave town for a few days. Don't have enough in though, cause' I had to add bleach tonight. Ok though...I have a pretty good idea now. You're nearly home with your SLAM and very glad to see that.

I haven't done anything with my pool for a couple days. I got a nasty stomach virus and got an up close view of the porcelain bowl all day Wednesday. My FC was *good* on Tuesday. :mrgreen: I'll check it today after I wake up n run the pump for a little bit.

@marian and patrick_b ... But on the up side (of the cold weather caused by opening my pool) ...I opened cold, clean and clear :)

That said, I think its high time my weather jinx end....the pool looks soooooo inviting. The heater will make it any temp I want, so for me its just a matter of getting a few days where the evening hours aren't plunging town to 40 or 50! (Or quitting my day job...)

I'm trying to get mine brushed between micro rain bursts. Just enought to make me run for the house and ten minutes later it's done.

By the time I figure out it's done and get back out there it starts again :shock: I'm so confused.

I've left my pool for 5 days on a business trip - counting on my SWG to keep the chlorine level on track, threw some acid in there to get the ph to 7.4 right before i left - it should be back at 7.8 by the time i get home! told my wife to brush it and skim some leaves if she feels so inclined. lol!

@marian and patrick_b ... But on the up side (of the cold weather caused by opening my pool) ...I opened cold, clean and clear :)

That said, I think its high time my weather jinx end....the pool looks soooooo inviting. The heater will make it any temp I want, so for me its just a matter of getting a few days where the evening hours aren't plunging town to 40 or 50! (Or quitting my day job...)

Yeah for the end of the pool jinx! :p
Weather here is warming up. Don't know the water temp since I can't find the thermometer, but sticking my arm in, its still cold.
Set up the pump and filter, fixed all the leaks and running like a charm. Some sediment on the bottom but no algae. :lovetfp:
FC 7.5
CC 0
TA 70
pH 7.3
CYA 40~ish (still after all these years not very confident but its less that 50 ;o) :snorkle: Soon, very soon Swampwoman! And Patrick. We will be smiling with you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A bit of skimming..put the robot in so it could do it's thing. Cleaned my ladder..put it in. I will wait till it's warmer to put my steps in. Fed the pool some chlorine. Water is up to 66...but still too cold. My daughter is dying to go swimming.

It's a brisk 62deg but it looks sooooo inviting. Adjusted the pH and bumped the FC a bit, little vacuuming and all I need is heat!

Poured in a gallon of MA and fired up the spa. Every time the main pool water gets to the low 80's, BAM. Days of rain and cooler temps drop the pool to low 70's. Too cold for me. In six weeks i'll be moaning about how hot my water is. LOL

Wow, everyone is busy Poolin'

I did chems Thursday night, so running a set this morning. Water went from high 60's last week, to sub 60 this week, and now back to 66. Sheesh!! Gonna have to fire the heater sometime....

JohnT, did you stay too long on your trip, or what?

I like your numbers Mariane...:goodjob:

Jojoman, I wish I would have your hot water problem...send me some of that. :jocolor:

Wow, everyone is busy Poolin'

I did chems Thursday night, so running a set this morning. Water went from high 60's last week, to sub 60 this week, and now back to 66. Sheesh!! Gonna have to fire the heater sometime....

JohnT, did you stay too long on your trip, or what?

I like your numbers Mariane...:goodjob:

Jojoman, I wish I would have your hot water problem...send me some of that. :jocolor:

Thanks Patrick, With the pool running, I finally have something to smile about. We are looking at temps in the 70's, near 80 next week and my husband wants to fire up the heater for those couple of days. Our son won't go in till water temp is near 90. :crazy:

Jojoman, if you are sending out hot water, can I be added to the list? We want to get this "show" on the road!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support