What did you do to your pool today?

Finally tested my CYA again after getting FEET of rain. It was 40! Hanging head in shame and deploying the sock in the skimmer!

Tested hot tub water and PH was 8.2! It was 7.5 a few days ago, I swear!

What kind of amateur water chemistry experiment is going on around here???

Water got back to 77 today after a couple of days of sun. It was in the 60s a few days ago from the FEET of rain that stole my CYA and took it to the lake. Come on 85!!!

Opened up the pool today. Long day but went well. Vacuumed it and thats it. 12 hour later it is crystal clear. One of the easiest openings I have had this year. Now I plan to paint the pool patio! Got the nonskid paint and plan to apply in a couple weeks. Want to do it closer to my Daughters graduation on 31st. Should be nice when I get everything done.

Planning to get flowers etc today to start to add some color around the pool. Water is 50. Yesterday was 85 here and that is unusually warm. Cold front went through and now today it should be 70. Not planning to heat the pool either until we get closer to mid May I think. Too many little projects to do around the yard, work, etc etc!

Figure I have about another 2 years on this liner and then will be doing a new one with a few upgrades and fixes I think to the pool. Thats a different post down the line.

Have a great summer everyone! :rockon:

Geez, woodyp, you give that poor dog grief!! But I have a sneaky feeling that when no one is looking, you're rubbing his ears and sneaking food and sips of beer to him (her?)!!!

You don't fool me!! Give the dog a pat for me. Suz.

Good to hear Chad! Hope it warms up soon where you are...

DV, they will make plenty more Cya, don't worry. :lol:

You know it's true Suz...WoodyP just talks a tough line...He probably gets the pup a happy meal sometimes. :mrgreen:

Fixed my hot tub ph, squeezed the cya sock and threw my phone in the pool. :shock: drinking margaritas and eating guac, brisket queso and pork fajitas right now, then to the AT&T store! Good thing I don't spend all my money at the pool store!

Well, I have the Samsung Galaxy S5 active, which is advertised to be waterproof to 3' for 30 minutes. However, when it hit the coping the back popped off a little and then it went in the skimmer basket where my sock needed squeezin. So, I am now of the opinion that the S5active isn't all that waterproof, at least not after it knocks its own back off.

But, I've had enough margaritas now! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Went swimming for about 30 minutes. Water temp was 72 degrees. Enjoyed all of it, except the first 3 minutes. After that it felt very refreshing. I think my swim season has just begun and I'll be swimming almost daily, unless we get a cold snap.

I bought a new pot at the landscape store this morning. Well, actually 2 pots. One empty and the other with plants already planted in it. Ive also been mulching flower beds in the backyard all day. Still not done yet. 21 bags emptied and spread around so far. 5 or 6 more to go. Im taking a short break at the moment.

Ive also been in the pool 3 times today, to cool off. Felt sooooo good too!

Left the Z in the garage and brushed my pool and hand vacuumed the whole thing. I forgot how therapeutic it is.

I have heard so many people here say that. Weird, but I do feel that way about surface skimming. Vacuuming...not so much. I'm so glad I don't have too. It must be this way for lots of people, because so many say exactly the same thing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support